Senior Security Engineer - Microsoft
Robert Half is seeking a Microsoft Security Engineer to have a well-rounded working knowledge of Active Directory, Office 365 Security features, and Azure architecture. This Microsoft Security Architect works closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders to support the digital transformation of our business. This role is responsible for driving the implementation and adoption of Microsoft's suite of security products across the enterprise.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Directly engage with our lines of business, customers, and strategic partners to identify and define secure solution requirements.
- Leverage extensive knowledge of Microsoft security software solutions and methodologies to make technical recommendations on complex problems, coupled with an approach that utilizes repeatable, efficient processes, automation and best practices.
- Participate as a critical contributor and subject matter expert on key projects and initiatives associated with deploying and securing Microsoft services.
- Perform integration architecture and infrastructure design activities.
- Perform ongoing security assessments and governance checks for Microsoft services ensuring critical security systems and controls remain effective and available.
- Act as a mentor, coach and trainer to our engineers by sharing technical expertise.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through consistent, quality work and effective communication throughout projects.
- Contribute critical security and architecture requirements in product roadmap and product strategy efforts.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop an improved Identity and Access Management framework
- Participate at a key contributor level in the IAM Community of Practice
- Administer, tune, operationalize and continuously improve the use of Microsoft’s Security services and offerings (Conditional Access policies, Security Center, Compliance Center, Insider Threat Management, MCAS, DLP ATP, AIP, EOP, etc.)
- Work closely with the Microsoft account team and DSEs to keep up to date on M365 and Azure roadmap and upcoming releases
- Assist with developing governance guidance for Microsoft services, specifically Teams, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, PowerApps, Azure Active Directory, etc
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- MCSE certification (Cloud / Productivity) or equivalent work experience required (must be recent enough to include cloud services)
- CISSP, CISM or CISA certification not required but highly desired
- Also highly desired are
- Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Enterprise Administrator Expert
- Security Administrator Associate
- Azure Administrator Associate
- A good understanding of hosting critical workloads in cloud platforms, including Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365
- Subject matter expertise level experience with working with Microsoft platforms and services (cloud architecture required)
- Enterprise organization (5,000 seat plus) experience with the following:
- Exchange Online and associated components (transport rules, DLP, mailbox management, etc)
- Experience with O365 eDiscovery and Advanced eDiscovery
- Experience in defining security for PaaS and IaaS implementations, such as system configuration, policy, tenant policy restrictions, access control, authentication (including federation), data at rest, and data in transit security.
- Understanding of SharePoint’s capability in terms of Security risk and privacy such as libraries, Pages, Site, Site Assets, Site Collection and Web Parts.
- Extensive experience working with and creating PowerShell scripts
- Extensive experience managing, configuring and administering Active Directory on-prem and Azure Active Directory
- Experience with leveraging Conditional Access policies, Security Center, Compliance Center, Insider Threat Management, MCAS, DLP, ATP, AIP, EOP
- Experience and understanding of networking and systems configuration/protocols
- Ability to assess, report and make appropriate detailed recommendations to resolve security/compliance risks
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience in an Information Security or Information Technology discipline.
- 6+ years of professional experience in security analysis, development, engineering and support in a large corporate setting, including experience mentoring and leading security engineers.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
You may apply for this position by email or regular mail. Please send your cover letter and resume to:
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP