Pacific Biosciences is seeking a Sr. Scientist to join a dynamic team developing next generation DNA sequencing technology. This position is in a fast-paced environment, interacting with R&D and Process Development scientists and engineers from a variety of backgrounds. The selected individual will be working toward the development and integration of new workflows and reagents for the Pacific Biosciences SMRT™ sequencing systems. This will include working across groups to design, plan and execute experiments.
- PhD or equivalent experience in Biophysics, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or related scientific field
- Practical understanding of the kinetics of enzymatic reactions
- Technical proficiency in general laboratory practices (biochemistry/molecular biology)
- Working knowledge of fluorescence and its application
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail, careful record-keeping, high level of organization, good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously
- Self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision
- The successful candidate will enjoy working closely with others as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Experience in analysis of large datasets in R or a similar statistical package is preferred
- Experience working with complex, prototype instrumentation is desirable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.