Avvo, a subsidiary of Internet Brands, is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. We're looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Frontend Developerto help us connect people with the legal help they need.
About the Position:
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Frontend Developer, you will help your team solve customer problems and ship clean, maintainable code. In addition to shared backend services and front-end interfaces, youll contribute to our common libraries, mentor and pair with other developers, and strive to make our software development process more efficient. Youll focus on the full depth of our software stack, while also growing your technical breadth.
- You have some experience with development frameworks , such as Ruby on Rails, Elixir/Phoenix, Python/Django, or Express.js/Node
- You have been the primary owner/developer of several components or features.
- You have strong software development principles, including experience with testing and TDD, object-oriented design, and higher-level system design.
- You have a passion for quality. You take pride in keeping your bug count low and your code quality high.
- You enjoy pairing and collaborating with other developers.
- You have worked directly with non-devs (designers, PMs, UX researchers, etc.) to ship great products.
- You believe in the value of mentorship, and in a teaching and learning culture.
- You want to grow, and you're constantly finding small ways to improve all the work you and your teammates do.
- You are passionate about development using Agile and Lean methodologies to ship code quickly and iteratively.
- You are excited to ship quality code frequently using our state of the art CI/CD pipeline.
Ideally, you'd have:
- Experience optimizing web page performance and passion for user experience.
- Contributed to or maintained open-source projects (Send us your GitHub profile!)
- Experience with service oriented and/or microservice architectures.
- Passionate about the end user experience preferring usability over ease of implementation.
About the team:
- We use Ruby on Rails for most of our code base, but have used other technologies like Elixir, Node, and Rust to solve particular problems
- We're open to using the right technologies for what we build.
- We iterate quickly and ship multiple times a day working closely with our quality assurance team.
- Were running an entirely dockerized deployment system, built on kubernetes and were always making improvements to help our teams ship safer, and more quickly.
- We work in small, distributed teams with dedicated product managers, designers, and QA where the team helps shape the products we build.
- We have a strong tradition of supporting open source software. resque_scheduler, robut, resque_unit, and JSON API client were all extracted from our codebase, and we've contributed patches back to Rails.
- We work collaboratively and support each other - we strongly believe that shipping great software is a team sport.