Kforce has a client that is seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant/Analyst in Palo Alto, CA.
The Revenue Accounting team at a global, publicly traded software/hardware company is seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented experienced Senior Accountant. Specific responsibilities will include the review of hardware and software purchase and/or subscription agreements and review of all paperwork for deals booked to ensure compliance under the Revenue Standard (Revenue Standard ASC606), participate in ongoing projects, and support General Ledger monthly close process and reporting.
Responsibilities (must have performed these duties and have experience with the following):
- Understand revenue recognition criteria and policies in order to read and interpret terms and conditions in agreements (Revenue Standard ASC606)
- Perform revenue recognition in NetSuite to ensure timely and accurate accounting treatment that includes validating system calculation of FMV (revenue allocations and revenue carve outs)
- Provide Revenue guidance and support to cross functional teams including pre-booking review of non-standard arrangements
- Perform monthly close tasks, including preparation of various journal entries, accruals, allowances, and reconciliations
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements and automating manual processes where possible
- Participate in ongoing projects to improve processes, implement new systems, integrate with other systems and system set up for NPI for revenue attributes
- Prepare and analyze monthly/quarterly financial reports and disclosures (Deferred Revenue STLT, Deferred Roll Forward, Remaining Performance Obligations, AR Unbilled)