UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This Provider Relations Advocate role with UnitedHealth Group will call on your knowledge, your energy and your commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. We’re building better, more effective provider networks every day. In this role, you’ll use your strong customer service orientation and knowledge of insurance claims to serve as an advocate for providers in our networks. As you do, you’ll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
Positions in this function are accountable for the full range of provider relations and service interactions within UHG, including working on end-to-end provider claim and call quality, ease of use of physician portal and future service enhancements, and training & development of external provider education programs. Designs and implements programs to build and nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers (physician, hospital, ancillary, etc.), and practice managers. Directs and implements strategies relating to the development and management of a provider network. Identifies gaps in network composition and services to assist the network contracting and development staff in prioritizing contracting needs. May also be involved in identifying and remediating operational short-falls and researching and remediating claims.
This is a field-based role with frequent on-site visits and meetings with physician groups or hospital systems.
If you are located in Paducah, Bowling Green, Louisville, or Western KY you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Help implement training and development of external providers through education programs
- Assist in efforts to enhance ease of use of physician portal and future services enhancements
- Contribute to design and implementation of programs that build / nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers and practice managers
- Assist in end-to-end provider claims and help enhance call quality
- Coach, provide feedback and guide others
- Identify gaps in network composition and services to assist network contracting and development teams
- Support development and management of provider networks
- In this role, you'll be part of a performance driven, fast paced organization that is serving multiple markets. You'll have frequent interactions with senior management and physicians as you communicate about ways to evolve ongoing processes and programs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of health care and/or managed care experience
- 3+ years of provider relations and/or provider network experience
- Experience with Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Intermediate level of proficiency in claims processing and issue resolution
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Reside in Kentucky, Evansville or Indianapolis, Indiana
- Willing to travel 25% regionally
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience working directly with physician groups or hospital systems in the provider community
- Excellent presentation skills with experience and comfortability presenting to others
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Provider Relations Advocate, Provider Relations Advocate, Provider Relations, Claims Resolution, Provider Advocate, Healthcare, Managed Care, Provider Network, Claims Processing, Medicaid, Medicare, UHC, UnitedHealth Care, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work From Home, Paducah, Bowling Green, Louisville, Western, KY, Kentucky