Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Sr. Product Manager is responsible for developing and executing product strategy and tactical implementation of global initiatives for Abbott’s leading transcatheter mitral valve repair (TMVr) therapy. This includes development of marketing plans and activities that drive commercial success of the product in a manner that highlights differentiation and value. This “product champion” will be a steward of our TMVr brand, and a product representative to our internal regional marketing partners and external stakeholders/customers from around the world.
- Responsible for developing the franchise marketing plan and supporting the development of the product launch and therapy development plans for Transcatheter Mitral Repair.
- Identify drivers of growth for MitraClip and develop multichannel commercial tactics in partnership with global upstream marketing and geographic commercial teams.
- Responsible for working with cross-functional partners in Upstream Marketing, Training & Education, R&D, Clinical, Regulatory, and in particular with our Regional Marketing and field partners to leverage successful marketing and sales programs, develop new programs and ensure initiatives have impact in the operating year.
- Development of awareness and education strategies to target referring physicians and patients.
- Development of awareness, education and trial programs for ICs and surgeons who currently are not implanting MitraClip or have not adopted MitraClip.
- Market research and analysis of referring physicians as well as customers currently implanting to develop customer segmentation model.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing Communications team to manage external agencies and freelancers to develop best-in-class channel marketing plans and tactics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- 5+ years of product marketing and commercial launch experience within medical device or similar industry.
- Bachelors’ degree in marketing or similar.
- Strong influence management skills—effectively influences a wide variety geographies/cultures including Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan, Australia and Canada and functions including regulatory, sales, marketing, research, manufacturing and other cross functional Uses conflict resolution skills to achieve results through cross functional groups.
- Excellent communication skills—has frequent contact with key opinion leaders and broad customer contact as well as interfaces with senior-level management from cross functional groups and geographies to facilitate product related decisions.
- Strong team player—ability to work as a key member of the global marketing team who is accountable to global marketing team as well as the product division and geographical marketing.
- Strong leadership skills—ability to function as the marketing “lead” on therapy, procedure and pipeline development.
- Project management skills—ability to manage complex projects and programs. Ability to pull the appropriate level, functional and geographic functions together to support initiatives.
- Analytical skills—ability to develop therapy and disease models, market and customer segmentation, pricing strategies/models and business metrics.
- Understanding of global medical device advertising and promotions regulatory process.
- Knowledge of cardiovascular disease, physiology and products.
- Knowledge/experience with customer base—cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, nurses.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.