SGK is a global packaging and brand experience company. We deliver world-leading end-to-end packaging solutions and elevate connected brand experiences. We are currently seeking a Senior Packaging Project Manager to join our team!
The Senior Packaging Project Manager manages the day to day responsibilities of employees including performance and the overall project process and timeline. This role works proactively to help solve the team's challenges that occur throughout the project and develops strong client relationships. The Senior Packaging Project Manager partners and consults across the packaging development function to identify and resolve project issues and resolves the most complex problems.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of an estimated 6-10 Packaging Project Managers.
- Plans and directs project priorities to ensure timely delivery of project deadlines.
- Serve as the point of contact for our internal cross-functional teams such as Production and Design Agencies, problem-solving project questions, timelines and priorities.
- Create strong cross-functional partnerships with the client stakeholders across their product organization, with an ability to garner alignment.
- Lead in addressing the client to problem-solve roadblocks that are significantly hindering project completion.
- Plan and understand resources needs, and coordinate resources across multiple projects and teams.
- Be effective at prioritizing and multi-tasking the team’s and client’s frequent project issues
- Deliver clear and concise communication of the constant changes and updates that are occurring day to day.
- Represents the team at cross-functional, stakeholder, and vendor meetings.
- Supports an onsite culture that is positive, fulfilling, nurturing and rewarding.
- Continuously improves the PPM project management tools, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and proactively document and share learning’s with the PPM team.
- Assist with Recruiting and Onboarding.
- Assist with reporting and analysis to develop more effective and efficient processes for the team and client.
- Works with teams and suppliers in the development of projects and related timelines to meet the goals and priorities of the project.
- Resolves or assists in the resolution of issues within and between projects or teams; develop methods to monitor artwork project progress and resolve issues as necessary.
- Ensures that risk assessment and contingency planning takes place, is communicated and agreed upon by the team and is acted on to keep the project on track or to escalate any unresolved issues.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Graphic Arts, Marketing, Advertising or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 8 years progressive Business, Graphic Arts, Marketing, or Advertising experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
SGK is a global packaging and brand experience company. From idea to implementation, we deliver packaging solutions and brand experiences that give brands the freedom to speak louder, scale faster and grow stronger. We simplify marketing and amplify brands to deliver value. SGK is a Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.