COME BUILD YOUR FUTURE WITH PRESIDIO!
We know technology is the key to success in a connected world. The innovative solutions we provide our clients can unlock possibilities that transform their business. While technology permits that connection, technology without imagination and ingenuity cannot be effective. At Presidio, we know that it’s our people that make the connections happen.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US? You will set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. Presidio is a leading IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions.
THE ROLE: Senior Network Engineer, Security
Presidio is seeking a Senior Network Engineer, Security to join our team in either Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT: Phoenix, AZ; Las Vegas, NV; Boise, ID or Pleasanton, CA.
Our Senior Network Security Engineers earn a competitive base salary and exceptional benefit plans — along with top training and support, and recognition for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Presidio is the place for you.
Come be a part of our team responsible for complex technical design and implementation of projects primarily located in the Rocky Mountain states supporting Commercial, Enterprise & SLED verticals.
The Senior Network Engineer, Security is a customer facing, service delivery, individual contributor who performs complex technical design and implementation of network and security solutions. They will contribute to project delivery and team success factors: profitability, utilization, on-time, on-budget and client satisfaction. The teammate selected will identify and build additional opportunities by fostering and expanding client relationships and cultivating additional revenue opportunities.
The ideal teammate would be a passionate, authentic, and results-oriented contributor who will join our team to help drive relevance, impact, and loyalty in our customer and manufacturer partner base. This teammate will also have a highly reputable track record of service delivery, engineering innovation, technical excellence, and outstanding customer service. The Sr. Network Security Engineer reports directly to the Director of Professional Services.
- Lead Engineer for customer projects including design, implementation, testing, and troubleshooting of network and security solutions and other technologies common in the Cloud, DC/V, and Networking Security, Route Switching Security, and UC Security Solutions.
- Develop comprehensive graphical and text-based detailed design documentation, deliverables, implementation, and back out plans.
- Follow industry and company defined practices to achieve project success, and customer satisfaction, outcomes and goals.
- Participate in and contribute to service delivery scope(s) of work authorship and reviews.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction on all service delivery opportunities and projects.
- Support project implementation phases at/under budget from design to customer acceptance and effectively manage workload to project delivery timelines based on priorities determined by the business or customer.
- Provide technical leadership on complex projects requiring teams of engineers.
- Maintain current and relevant levels of technical knowledge, expertise, and certifications.
- Knowledge of Panorama, WildFire, Global Protect, and other Palo Alto features including and not limited to SSL decryption
- Working knowledge of the various products in Palo Alto Networks Cybersecurity Portfolio
- Palo Alto PCNSC or higher, and/or CCNP Security or higher is preferred
- Excellent customer service & inter-personal relationship skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Strong documentation experience with Visio, Word, Excel.
- Strong organizational skills, presentation skills and acute attention to detail.
- Ability and initiative to work collaboratively or independently, in a fast-paced, challenging work environment, as a given situation dictates.
- Ability to exercise judgment in determining appropriate course of action.
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies, products and processes with little notice.
- Up to 25% travel
Additional Desired Skills (preferred but not required):
- Knowledge and experience installing and supporting of Juniper Switch/Route/Firewall (JUNOS)
- Aruba ACCX/ACDX/ACMX certification
- Demonstrated networking expertise & experience with design, implementation and support of the following:.
- LAN/WAN architectures and designs; high availability, and cloud networking
- Practical hands-on Aruba CX switching & wireless (3-5 years current)
- Demonstrated wireless expertise & experience with design and support of the following:.
- In-depth knowledge of Aruba Wireless.
- RF design, RF survey, engineering and RF troubleshooting
- Enterprise class secure WLAN solutions with enterprise level global/campus scope and scale
- Demonstrated security expertise & experience with design and support of the following:.
- Aruba ClearPass
- Hybrid cloud integrations with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Knowledge in the following areas:.
- SDN, SD-WAN
- Cloud Networking
- Load Balancers
- Scripting / Automation
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS
- SD-WAN platform experience (Silver Peak, Cisco Viptela, VeloCloud)
- Load balancing/Acceleration solution experience (F5, Cisco, Citrix, Riverbed)
- Experience in a consulting network engineer role with 3+ years of related experience providing project deliverables in a VAR/Integrator environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 7+ years of networking and security experience, including configuring, analyzing & fixing complex networks
- High level Palo Alto expertise in design, configuration, migrations, tuning and customization of features
Presidio is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the highest levels and has strengthened its drive to build and drive systemic DE&I change process across all levels of the organization. Cultivating a culture of inclusion where the expression of all our differences are valued, celebrated, and add to our collective achievements.
Presidio is a leading global IT solutions provider assisting clients in harnessing technology innovation and simplifying IT complexity to digitally transform their businesses and drive return on IT investment. Our Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions enable our almost 7,000 middle market, enterprise, and government clients to take advantage of new digital revenue streams, omnichannel customer experience models, and the rich data insights generated by those interactions.
We serve as an extension of our clients’ IT teams, providing deep expertise and letting them focus on their core business. Within Presidio’s 40+ US offices and offices in Ireland, London, Singapore, and India, we support 2,800+ professionals, including 1,600 technical engineers. Presidio is a trusted advisor to our clients on a national level while also bringing our global scale and expertise to bear.
For more information visit: www.presidio.com
Presidio is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf (Get Acrobat Reader)
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
Presidio is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Agencies/3rd Parties may not solicit to any employee of Presidio. Any candidate information received from any Agency/3rd Party will be considered a gift and property of Presidio, unless the Agency/3rd Party is an Authorized Vendor of Presidio with an up-to-date Presidio Contract in hand signed by Presidio Talent Acquisition. No payment will be made to any Agency/3rd Party who is not an Authorized Vendor, nor has specific approval in writing from Presidio Talent Acquisition to engage in recruitment efforts for Presidio.