**$2,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates**
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At Optum, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum, a business of UnitedHealth Group, is a natural fit.
The Medical Assistant/X-ray Technician in this position will assist in the direct care of the patient by supporting back office functions including x-ray services in a busy medical office setting. Individuals in this role will be responsible for rooming patients, processing medication refills, assisting with procedures, administering vaccines and medications as ordered, x-ray services/equipment support and other duties assigned.
*Varied Shifts to include: Hours 11am-8pm, Tuesday through Friday, Saturday 8:30am-5pm. Evenings and Weekend*
- Overseeing and participating in day to day clinical care of patients
- Employees are involved in direct patient care
- Will be taking the patients vital signs, conducting blood draws or take x - rays as certified
- Performs clinical procedures (injections, ear lavage, EKG, X-rays, and etc.)
- Assists the providers with invasive procedures and minor surgeries
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Submits electronic referrals for additional services
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate from a Medical Assistant program / school, or a Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant
- Limited X - Ray Technician license
- Current CPR card for Healthcare Professionals (BLS) or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Back office Medical Assistant experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 1+ years of experience with x-ray
- Experience working in Family Practice and/or Urgent Care practice working with adults and children
- EMR experience
- Experience in working with HMO, PPO, Medicare and CalOptima payers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced clinic and multitask responsibilities
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Senior Medical Assistant X Ray Tech, X-Ray, X-Ray Tech, X-Ray License, MA, Medical Assistant, Urgent Care, Family Practice OCMG, Optum, Limited X-Ray Technician, Senior, Front Office, Back Office, Ladera Ranch, Mission Viejo, Laguna Nigel, Los Angeles, Orange County, CA, California