Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbottu2019s Heart Failure division, weu2019re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.u00A0
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber, Senior Manufacturing Engineering.u00A0 This position will design and develop manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures in order to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality for the Acute product portfolio of the Heart Failure business. u00A0u00A0
WHAT YOUu2019LL DOu00A0
- Manage projects which include new production equipment, process improvements and cost reductions while supporting new product introductions.u00A0 Provide guidance to other engineers and technicians.u00A0
- Manage and perform projects which include new production equipment installation and qualification, process improvements, yield improvements, and cost reductions while supporting daily production activities.
- Collect and analyze in process data to evaluate capability and determine areas for process improvement.
- Drive process improvements and validations through manufacturing implementation and update pFMEAs and master validation plan as required. Author process validation protocols and reports. Including but not limited to equipment IQ, process OQ, process PQ, and product PPQ.
- Provide direct technical support on production issues (e.g. part & assembled product quality dispositions, interim containment actions, root cause analysis, resolution planning, validation, & implementation) under NCMR or CAPA.u00A0 Provide guidance to other engineers and technicians.
- Coordinate the design, procurement, build and debug of tooling, machinery and test equipment
- Improve product quality, labor efficiency, and throughput through the use of Lean manufacturing concepts like Value Stream mapping, 5S and Visual Workplace.
- Work with cross-functional teams to transfer new products efficiently and effectively into manufacturing.
- Work with various internal and external organizations to optimize manufacturing processes or resolving technical issues w/ on-going products or new products.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and QA to improve productivity and reduce costs.
- Participate as a manufacturing lead and/or support a lead on cross-functional core teams.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Individual should:
- Be innovative, resourceful, and work with minimal direction
- Have excellent organization, problem solving, communication, and team leadership skills
- Work effectively with cross-functional teamsu00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOUu2019LL BRINGu00A0
- Bachelor's Degree + 7 years of Engineering or Operations experience OR a Master's Degree + 5 years of Engineering or Operations experience.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, teamwork, written and verbal communication skills together with demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrix team environment with enthusiasm and a proactive positive attitude
- Experience with process characterization, process validation,u00A0 process monitoring, risk analysis methodologies, scale-up, and/or technology transfer experience, PFMEA, DFMEA, Nonconformance reporting, and Six Sigma
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally. Ability to work in a geographically diverse business environment.
- Medical device experience strongly preferred, International manufacturing experience preferred. Knowledge of ISO and/or FDA quality system regulations as it pertains to design transfer and process control preferred.
- 2 + yearsu2019 experience in project management including the ability to manage multiple projects, strategically prioritize activities and leading cross functional teams within Operations/Manufacturing
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering preferred
WHAT WE OFFERu00A0u00A0
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:u00A0
u00B7u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0 A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
u00B7u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0 Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
u00B7u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0 Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistanceu00A0u00A0
u00B7u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0 Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plansu00A0u00A0
u00B7u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0 Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programsu00A0
u00B7u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0 Paid time offu00A0u00A0
u00B7u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company matchu00A0
u00B7u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0 The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communitiesu00A0
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:u202F www.abbottbenefits.comu00A0u00A0
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.u00A0