Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY & HEART FAILURE, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Senior Manufacturing Engineer. This position will provide engineering support to existing manufacturing processes while performing activities to design and develop the layout, construction, and evaluation of a variety of prototype Printed Circuit Boards (PCB), tooling, and fixtures to meet daily production schedules while improving productivity and product quality. Promotes the process of continuous quality improvement and risk management and coordinates solutions for technical and project issues. Apply engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work independently in a lead role, or as part of a team to Identify, recommend, implement significant and/or complex new electrical design improvements or technologies that meet regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes and develops solutions to engineering problems related to manufacturing equipment and/or component failures.
- May lead multiple electrical engineering activities.
- Develop cross-functional working relationships and provide effective communication to Senior Management.
- Provides supporting services and tooling
- Lay out and constructs a variety of prototype tools and fixtures required for development purposes
- Conducts measurements specified in design verification plans, documents and tabulates results, and provides engineering test reports.
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Documents custom tools with specifications, schematics and mechanical layouts to support document control and tool release.
- Support Design Verification and Validation planning & execution, including active cross-functional root-cause analysis investigation & resolution activities
- Testing and debugging field return units (electrical components).
- Understand Electrical Schematics, BOM, Hardware design.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Mechanical, Chemical or any engineering or technical degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years manufacturing engineering experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Demonstrated leadership capability in team settings
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally
- Experience in PCB layout
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable FDA regulations and Company operating procedures, processes, policies and tasks
- Manufacturing experience preferred in medical device (5 years)
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.