About Us: LifeMoves is one of the largest and most effective providers of shelter and supportive services across Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Peninsula. As a results-driven organization, since 1987, our mission has been to provide interim housing and supportive services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency. Our successful therapeutic service model combines clean, modern housing with intensive supportive services that promote dignity and motivate our clients to achieve autonomy. LifeMoves operates over 15 major sites from San Jose to Daly City.
Culture: LifeMoves staff are dedicated to serving our community. Diverse in background, outlook and life experience, our team addresses important social issues with passion and creativity. A culture of collaboration and innovation provides a thriving and successful environment for all. We foster personal growth through ongoing investment in the professional development of our staff. Together, we are committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness and helping our clients achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
Position Summary: The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including addressing employee relations issues, general department administration (benefits, leaves, compliance, etc.), HRIS system administration, internal communications, and HR oversite of the agency intern programs. This individual may also project manage the implementation of new HR initiatives in partnership with department leadership.
- Partners with the VP of HR to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, employee satisfaction, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Oversees the agency HRIS system, ensure the system is optimized to advance the goals of the department and agency.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Supervises the Talent team and generalists, overseeing the daily workflow of these teams
- Performs other duties as assigned.