Requisition ID # 100062
Job Category : Human Resources
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Human Resources
The Gas Operations Training Curriculum Development Team is a dynamic group within PG&E Academy that focuses on strategically aligning itself with the Gas Operations business toward a goal of creating the safest most reliable Gas operating system in the industry. It is our job to increase employee safety and productivity by designing, developing and delivering best in industry learning and on the job support solutions.
We are seeking team members who can thrive autonomously in a fast-paced environment that is change. To be successful, you must be open to change, possess a passion for learning and innovation, be able to build strong internal and external relationships and have a strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement.
PG&E Academy is looking for a Senior Instructional Designer to join our PG&E Academy Curriculum Development Team in support of Enterprise learning needs. The successful candidate should have a proven track record in analysis, design, development and implementation of small- and large-scale learning solutions. The successful candidate should demonstrate the ability to provide feedback to instructional designers on learning solution content. The successful candidate should have exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple projects and the ability to analyze and interpret data.
The position requires up to 40% travel within PG&E's service territory.
- Conduct needs analysis, review existing learning options, and facilitate discussions to recommend the most appropriate and cost-effective learning and performance support solutions.
- Leverage industry best practices, new technologies and training evaluation metrics as they apply to learning solutions.
- Lead and oversee the design and production of learning solutions and deliverables, working with subject matter experts and other Academy team members.
- Manage the assignment and quality of design work to ensure that the learning solution is on time, on target and on budget. Establish and hold others accountable to quality standards.
- Provide input to the project manager to develop timeline and resource plan.
- Partner with delivery teams to ensure successful transition of curriculum from development to the classroom.
- Performs quality assurance reviews of learning solutions.
- Defines curriculum learning objectives and course outline using new approaches and tactics; designs curriculum and develops/builds training content and materials.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches and mentors others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Uses SME/LOB meetings and best practices to develop content to support the course objectives and assessment.
- Manages project portfolios to allow cross-prioritization of projects for budget forecasting purposes; ensure projects are strategically aligned and ensures projects stay on track.
- Performs complex job and task analysis for training and curriculum redesign purposes.
- Reviews metrics that provide data for process measurement, business operations or risk assessment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of Instructional Design, communications, teaching, training, change management, graphic design work experience
- Experience in designing and developing curriculum for cross-functional projects
- Experience working in the Energy/Utility industry
- Experience with benchmarking or research of industry-wide best practices
- Experience with designing and/or integrating multimedia development or technology across curriculum
- Strong working knowledge of instructional design for both classroom and eLearning environments
- In-depth experience with the following applications/systems: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, instructional design software, testing software, content management system