UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The UHC Medicare and Retirement Healthcare Economics team leads and influences decision making for the Medicare and Retirement line of business. The primary focus of the team is to complete financial evaluations and drive value through the identification of medical savings opportunities.
The UHC Medicare and Retirement Healthcare Economics team also helps the broader UHC business understand the impact of operational changes on our finances and explain trends in our claims data. The Group Retiree Healthcare Economics team is United Retiree Solutions trusted partners. We help Group Retiree product and program owners and leadership to make data-based decisions. The environment is challenging and fast-paced, requiring flexibility, and a willingness to stretch and learn. Team members are expected to have a high level of energy, a passion for driving demonstrable value at speed, and strong critical-thinking skills.
As the Senior Health Care Economics Consultant, you will lead the evaluation of large data sets and guide projects from conceptualization to completion by contributing to the creation of meaningful datasets, financial modeling, reporting, and monitoring. You will work both independently and as part of a broader team to conduct analyses on the financial and operational performance of utilization and cost management programs. The Senior Consultant will need to routinely explain complex, technical topics with a tailored communications approach that recognizes each audience has a different background and level of understanding. You will be responsible for creating and growing relationships between the Healthcare Economics team and operational partners.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges. Minnetonka, MN preferred.
- Assist junior-level analysts in the ideation and design of claims-based analyses through SAS/SQL in order to create models for analyzing business opportunities and interpreting key drivers of health care trends (i.e. medical cost, utilization, etc.)
- Effectively summarize quantitative and qualitative analyses to a wide range of business partners
- Collaborate and grow relationships with the finance, product, and clinical teams as well as other areas to create a connection between medical trend evaluations and financial results
- Provide ongoing, meaningful, communications to managers on project status, results and conclusions from analyses
- Take ownership and responsibility for completing assigned areas with limited supervision
- Apply strong critical thinking skills in order to anticipate questions from key stakeholders and consider all aspects of an analysis before completion
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, or a related degree
- 3+ years of experience with performing claims-based healthcare data analytics
- At least an intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel for data analytics (Pivot tables, advanced formulas, Vlookups, etc.)
- Demonstrated track record of developing cross-functional relationships while acting as a SME or department representative
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Advanced degree
- 4+ years of work experience in a corporate setting
- Experience working with large data sets
- Comfortable in interactions with various levels of management
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant, Healthcare Economics Consultant, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote