Company: Method Studios
Position: Senior FX Artist (Houdini)
Location: US (Remote)
- Salary Range: $42 ~ $90 (hourly) USD
The Senior FX artist will work alongside our Lighting Artists and Compositors to ensure that all effects will work smoothly within the show pipeline. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional troubleshooting skills and be able to solve technical/artistic problems in a fast-paced team environment.
- Design and animate high-quality, photo-real effects (dust, fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc.) that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project
- Work within the show structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks
- Integrate the created elements into scenes with lighting, shadows, reflections, etc.
- Produce look-tests based on provided reference materials
What You Bring
- High level of demonstrated experience and proficiency in Houdini
- Previous experience in live-action visual effects for feature films, high-level television, and/or high-level commercials,
- Knowledge of any and/or all of the following:
- Rigid body and particle dynamics
- Volume modeling and rendering
- Procedural geometry generation
- Fluid dynamics
- Strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- Proficiency in shading and rendering techniques
- Requires strong technical knowledge and organizational skills
- Good communication skills and able to take exact direction from FX Leads and FX TDs
- Scripting proficiency using Python, a plus
- Experience with one or more other professional software packages such as Maya and Nuke is a plus
- Willingness to grow, learn new methods, and share knowledge with others
About The Company
Company 3 provides a full range of Creative Services for content creators, including conceptual design, pre-vis, look development, ideation and rapid prototyping, 3D animation/CGI, motion graphics/designers, matte painting, compositing, dailies and production services, color grading, post-production finishing, marketing/trailers, live-action production, experiences, and more.
Diversity And Inclusion At Company 3
Creativity has diversity at its core. We celebrate the value of each unique experience by being dedicated to fostering the most diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where every employee feels empowered and safe to show up to work as their full self.
It is our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
- The listed pay range represents the lowest to highest range that we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, local currency exchange rates, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
Depending on location and subject to applicable law, we offer a comprehensive package of health, retirement, and insurance benefits and paid time off to eligible employees.
The above compensation and benefits information is provided in accordance with various state and local pay transparency laws.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with applicable law.