Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ENGINEER SENIOR, MANUFACTURING
Do you want to make a difference in patient's lives? Are you looking to join a diverse, high caliber, and agile team? Would you like to work on awesome products?
We are seeking an experienced Senior Engineer, Manufacturing to join our team. This position will be responsible for supporting the sustaining manufacturing and operations of Abbott Heart Failure medical devices. You will work closely with a cross functional team to meet daily production initiatives while maintaining and improving upon product cost, quality, and safety.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced, and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to act and accomplish goals.
APPLY IF YOU...
- See improvement opportunities in everyday situations
- Transitioned new products to sustaining in a medical device or pharma industry or have a passion for finding ways to make sustaining operations more efficient
- Enjoy partnering with cross-functional team members, from operators to the director of operations, to meet operational goals
- Are curious about how things work in detail to resolve root cause and implement effective and sustainable corrective actions for sustaining product manufacturing
- Coach and lead others to think outside the box to resolve challenges
- Want to know more about these products: CentriMag System Animation - Bing video
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING...
- Four-year degree in an engineering technical field, preferably manufacturing, industrial, biomedical, mechanical, electrical
- Minimum of seven (7) years' experience in medical device and/or other highly regulated industry
- Lean/Sig-sigma and/or Shingo experience preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit, and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
United States > Pleasanton : 6035 Stoneridge Dr
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday), Work requiring repeated bending, stooping, squatting or kneeling
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf