At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
WD NVMe SSD products must be validated in house to assure that products shipped will meet OEM quality requirements. We need an experienced Firmware validation engineer to understand NVMe SSD’s system design and firmware algorithms in order to create a firmware design verification plans and implement them in modern object-oriented languages.
- Work closely with the system architects and the firmware team to develop design verification plans, test bench and test cases
- Develop an overall firmware validation strategy including defining validation infrastructure and validation methodology
- Debug the firmware and expose design issues
- Define and design functional tests required to meet customer needs
- Review WD SATA/NVMe SSD validation requirements and influence future WD product design for debug and test
- Work with customers to understand field bugs and to enhance the validation coverage
- Interface with all key stakeholders to ensure product validation meets customer expectations and needs
Technical and analytical skills required
- In depth understanding of firmware algorithms used in any NAND Flash based storage devices (SSD, eMMC, SD, USB Flash drives) or other storage devices
- Knowledge in any Host protocols like as SCSI, NVMe (preferred), eMMC, UFS, PCIe
- Experienced and familiar with firmware development, Integration and validation
- Knowledgeable on product and quality standards and relevant host protocols, in particular NVMe.
- Test coverage methods for real-time embedded systems, especially storage systems and/or NAND storage
- Able to methodically root cause complex failure mechanism
- Strong programming knowledge & debugging skills in Python, C and C++.
- Soft skills, Excellent written and verbal skills, be a Team player
- Able to develop key relationships
- Able to elect requirements from all stakeholders
- Be able to work in pressure for quick resolution and delivery.
- Minimum BS + 2 yrs. or MS + 0 yrs in storage related segments
- Worked with international teams
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Compensation & Benefits Details
- An employee’s pay position within the salary range may be based on several factors including but not limited to (1) relevant education; qualifications; certifications; and experience; (2) skills, ability, knowledge of the job; (3) performance, contribution and results; (4) geographic location; (5) shift; (6) internal and external equity; and (7) business and organizational needs.
- The salary range is what we believe to be the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado or remote jobs that can be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
- You will also be eligible to participate in Western Digital's Short-Term Incentive (STI) Plan and to receive equity awards under our annual Long-Term Incentive (LTI) program, which consists of restricted stock units (RSUs), pursuant to the terms of these programs. RSU awards are also available to eligible new hires, subject to Western Digital’s Standard Terms and Conditions for Restricted Stock Unit Awards.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid vacation time; paid sick leave; medical/dental/vision insurance; life, accident and disability insurance; tax-advantaged flexible spending and health savings accounts; employee assistance program; other voluntary benefit programs such as supplemental life and AD&D, legal plan, pet insurance, critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity; tuition reimbursement; transit; the Virgin Pulse Program; the Applause Program, employee stock purchase plan, and the Western Digital Savings 401(k) Plan.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.