Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission.
We are looking for a Senior Director, Product Marketing to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role will report to Vice President, Product Management and will BE based in San Jose HQ Office.
Primary goal in a Senior Director Product Marketing role is to create demand for our portfolio of products, solutions and services through effective messaging and marketing programs of our BE portfolio of products, solutions, and services.
Product Marketing Senior Director encompasses the following principal parts:
- Market strategy expert (Market Analysis): Market strategy lays the foundation for market success. The Senior Director Product Marketing provides the high-level thinking, planning, and research that happens during the concept/early stage of product lifecycle. S/he has an in-depth knowledge of BE grids and power target markets and how to best introduce our products and solutions into each market segment. S/he uses market research and competitive analysis to develop market strategies. The product marketing leader owns the product launch plan.
- Product Marketing expert (Promotion): In conjunction with the product management and marketing communications team, the Senior Director Product Marketing goal is to convince customers to demand or pull our BE products and solutions through to sale. S/he would be an expert in translating technical details into compelling value propositions while understanding marketing principles and techniques to create a marketing communication sequence that leads to sales. This role would understand the customer segments and determine the best strategies to gain visibility and generate interest/leads for BE products.
- Marketing program guidance (Positioning): In concurrence with each Product Manager, the Senior Director Product Marketing outlines the product positioning which articulates the value proposition but also takes responsibility for driving market demand. This is further detailed in the messaging which links each feature, offering and/or a solution to a customer-oriented benefit.
- Supporting sales (Sales Enablement): The Senior Director Product Marketing develops an effective product training, solid products and solutions presentations, and a captivating demonstration. S/he knows what sales tools sales team need to close deals and what points to emphasize so that the sales pitch is more successful.
Education & Experience:
- 15+ years of product marketing or related fields in the energy / power systems sector
- Demonstrated success in positioning and launching differentiated products that meet and exceed business objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Subject matter expertise in the clean technology, energy, distributed generation and/or fuel cell products, solutions, and power systems market segments.
- Deep technical understanding of power systems, Grids, Microgrids and/or clean technology.
- Deep understanding of how a product is sold and the channels they are sold into
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. Proven ability to influence and work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing and Product Management
- Bachelor’s degree required; an MBA preferred
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. The company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, always-on electric power that is clean, cost-effective, and ideal for microgrid applications. Bloom’s customers include many Fortune 100 companies and leaders in manufacturing, data centers, healthcare, retail, higher education, utilities, and other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.