Senior Director Global Functions Finance
This role has been designated as Edge, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office.
Job Family Definition:
Partners with the businesses to ensure that the capital strategies are operationally supported and strategically focused to secure the greatest return on investment for the global company. Gathers financial data and performs financial analyses and reporting (e.g., profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow, pricing, etc.) to influence decisions within the business and to drive cross-business initiatives (e.g., Mergers & Acquisitions). Drives the forecasting process (weekly, monthly, and long term) by analyzing trends within the businesses and ensuring alignment with business- and corporate-wide objectives. Communicates and drives adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the organization's financial goals and policies. Has the fiduciary responsibility to represent financial results correctly both internally and externally. Ensures strong business controls.
Management Level Definition:
Leads a large or broad function/department within a multifaceted organization. Responsible for operational success, strategic alignment and integration of activities with other major organizational functions. Responsible for one or more recognized professional disciplines. Fully accountable for the success of the designated function or department. Influences strategy and sets policy and direction. Owns a significant number of measurable functional, operational and strategic goals or priorities. Assumes responsibility for the successful implementation of business plans in a defined area of responsibility. Contributes to the overall strategic definition of a function with strong business acumen. Acts as a key advisor to executive management in influencing the strategic direction of the business. Typically reports to VP.
- Manages the finance function for a mid-sized, complex business, or a major finance sub-function for one of the company's largest, most complex businesses.
- Develops and leads planning, design, implementation, communication, and delivery of the company's finance initiatives within area of accountability across the organization.
- Accountable for leading an organization of managers and individual contributors for a business function by setting overall initiatives, allocating financial and human capital for programs and projects, and ensuring timely and effective delivery of financial programs.
- Consults with business leaders at the SVP and VP level to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., balancing risk, approving significant deals).
- Leads process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function.
- Oversees the key controls within one or more domains of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements (e.g., GAAP, SBC, AFM).
- Manages large external vendor relationships (e.g., auditors).
- Leads implementation of business-wide programs and products.
- May be responsible for significant dotted-line employee reporting relationships.
- Ensures that the financial strategies and initiatives within area of accountability are integrated with corporate and business strategies.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree and/or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred.
- Typically 12+ years of experience in a finance function or exhibiting an exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of business.
- Typically 4+ years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior ability to provide finance consultation to senior managers within area of expertise.
- Superior understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent people management skills, including managing teams across geographies.
- Ability to build partnerships across functions.
- Excellent communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong leadership and staff development skills.
- Excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.