Kforce has a client in the Newark, CA area that is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer. This is a 3-6month contract to hire opportunity and will require to be onsite.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will help design and build cloud environments. To accomplish our goals, the successful candidate will influence application design, design of our value stream map, and act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for our application development teams on the principles and best practices of continuous delivery in the cloud.
- Contributing member of the DevOps team to drive the design, development, delivery and support of our CI/CD pipelines
- Leveraging gained and/or educational experiences in operations engineering, connected services, and information technology plus knowledge of industry best practices to innovate and influence operational approaches and solutions in traditional data centers, Network Operation Centers (NOC), and in the cloud
- Coach, mentor and prove automated pipelines, processes & scripts makes supporting Enterprise software easier
- Development, and continual improvement of source code management/build and release systems and tools
- Execute on adoption of BitBucket, Jira, Jenkins, ServiceNow, CheckMarx
- Provide assistance on these tools across IT as needed
- Champions an agile and continuous improvement culture
- Implement connected services for Enterprise-wide health-of-systems dashboard
- Assists in coaching and mentoring development teams on continuous delivery best practices
- Influence design decisions of API services in private and public clouds
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting of infrastructure and applications as needed