Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it is a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum Analytics solutions create a longitudinal view of both individual patients and patient populations. We gather, normalize, and analyze data from disparate sources that, uniquely, span the continuum of care--including EHRs, Practice Management Systems and claims. Our EHR data alone accounts for over 80M patient lives across the U.S.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- We are looking for a data scientist who is eager to tackle the challenges of extracting insights from vast amounts of EHR data originating from multiple sources
- You will work with a diverse set of Optum researchers, clinicians, internal and external clients to define the projects and see them through to completion that cover a range of clinical focus
- You would be participating in the development of our end-to-end NLP pipeline, building descriptive and predictive analytics and producing research validations
- Specifically, as a member of our collaborative team you will be working with structured and unstructured data to explore the data, develop models, and performing research analytics
- You will have the opportunity to work with open-source distributed data processing frameworks, such as Apache Spark and build scalable machine learning applications and deploy them in production
- The right candidate will have strong prioritization skills, ability to manage ad hoc requests in parallel with ongoing projects
If you have the experience, curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit to tackle these challenges, we want to talk to you.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, or Linguistics or equivalent degree area
- 3+ years of experience as a hands-on data scientist, non-managerial role and executing on data science, analytics, or programming projects (academic projects may be considered to equal the required 1+ year of experience. Projects need to be clearly outlined in the resume)
- 3+ years of experience in machine learning, predictive modeling, or natural language processing
- 3+ years of experience in Python
- Experience with leveraging best practices conducting advanced analytics projects
- Experience with Pandas, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Spark NLP, Pandas, or spaCy
- Experience with open-source distributed data processing frameworks, such as Spark
- Experience presenting technical results to broad audiences with effective visualizations
- Experience in Biostatistics or related field
- Experience with SQL or relational databases
- Familiarity with EHR data and standards
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Optum, Optum Analytics, data scientist, machine learning, predictive modeling, Python, data analytics, telecommute, remote, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, hiring immediately, #RPO