Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide transactional legal support for Optum’s State Government, health care information technology business
- Provide legal and contractual support of competitive as well as sole source agreements with customers, including reviewing Requests for Proposals, drafting questions and contract responses, advising proposal writers on confidentiality markings, assisting in the completion of forms and certifications, drafting and negotiating teaming and other vendor or partner agreements, advising senior leadership on risks and negotiating customer and supplier agreements, Statements of Work, Change Orders and Amendments
- Protect the organization's rights in contract negotiations, settlements and litigation
- Acquire deep knowledge of the industry and the specific business practices of the Optum State Government business within UnitedHealth Group so as to best advise senior business leaders
- Assist with periodic government related filings and registrations
- Periodically interact with Optum senior leadership team and outside counsel on legal issues
- Work with business clients to resolve legal and contractual issues with company-wide significance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- Licensed to practice law in any U.S. jurisdiction
- 5+ years of legal experience
- 3+ Government contracting experience
- Experience providing advice to senior business leaders
- Experience with state and/or federal procurements, including RFP review, proposal preparation and review, drafting and negotiating resulting prime and subcontracts
- Experience providing legal advice in a government contracting environment
- Demonstrated understanding of business problems related to assigned legal projects
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and determine appropriate legal course of action to meet business unit needs
- Experience with bid protests
- Health care legal experience and/or information technology legal experience
- Knowledge of legal principles underlying organizational conflicts of interest
- Understanding of health care and/or information technology industry
- Well-developed written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven success in collaborating across a matrixed business and legal environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, and external company contacts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.