Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Administrative Assistant will support the WellMed Regional Leadership team in Lubbock Texas, their direct reports, plus several individual contributors with administrative tasks.
This is a fast-paced working environment that requires a self-directed and self-motivated individual with outstanding skills who is personable, professional and remains cool under pressure. This person should have excellent organizational skills, the ability to maintain confidentiality, high integrity, work well with different personalities and individuals from executives to front line users.
This position will also have BSL (Business Segment Liaison) responsibilities including: New hire onboarding / offboarding, equipment ordering and set-up, software purchases and office supply ordering. Senior Administrative work will involve direct client interaction.
If you are located in Lubbock, TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges, until such time that a regional office is established in Lubbock, and then you work primarily in-office.
- Support remote and virtual Senior Leadership with administrative tasks
- Create / maintain calendars and coordinate meetings avoiding scheduling conflicts
- Sorting letters and checking for errors; batching for mailing and act as a team resource for distributing hard copies as needed; monitors printers
- Create / prepare meeting materials (e.g., PowerPoint deck; agendas) and ensure distribution to appropriate individuals in a timely manner
- Schedule, coordinate, and/or set up resources and technology needed for meetings / events (conference rooms, food, webex, telepresence, etc.)
- Make travel arrangements for meeting attendees (e.g., airline; hotel; ground transportation; office space assignment)
- Host, coordinate, and/or facilitate meetings / external events as needed, including ensuring meeting participants (e.g., external customers; executives) have appropriate access to facilities and systems (eg. security badges; request building access; internet access)
- Complete and correctly submit required Service Requests to support department needs
- Track requests for on-time completion
- Take proactive measures to prevent missed deadlines
- Placing business supply and marketing materials orders
- Managing logistics for local WellMed-hosted events (provider dinners, group provider meetings, town halls, etc.)
- Support Senior Team members in preparing presentations and other duties as assigned
Facilitate / Oversee Facility Operations:
- Maintain awareness of potential issues and/or repairs needed within the office environment (e.g., office equipment; HVAC; cleaning; security; furniture services) and coordinate / oversee maintenance and repair
- Ensure common areas and conference rooms are clean and supplied appropriately
- Ensure appropriate access of relevant personnel (e.g., maintenance; visitors; service providers) to office space, common areas and
- conference rooms, working with applicable partners (e.g., Real Estate, vendors)
- Ensure employees/contractors receive access and guidance with office operations
- Ensure documents, materials, and mail are sorted and/or distributed to appropriate internal and/or external stakeholders
- Perform Business Segment Liaison (BSL) activities, as needed (e.g., hardware/software acquisition / disposal, new employee onboarding)
- Accept deliveries and ensure supplies are distributed to the appropriate resources
- Manage / monitor / procure office supplies, goods and services (e.g., process / reconcile invoices, travel and other expenses,
- payments, and/or reimbursements)
- Assist with and/or perform budget planning
- Perform emergency response team duties (e.g., Floor Marshal)
- Collaborate with facilities management (e.g., attend meetings; communicate impact) regarding potential changes/improvements to the office environment
Manage Office Documentation:
- Compile and/or integrate information needed to complete reports and documents
- Prepare and/or format office documentation (e.g., proposals; letters; spreadsheets; reports) needed for various audiences (e.g.,
- clients; executives; internal business partners)
- Review prepared documents to ensure accuracy and quality, and revise as needed
- Post relevant documentation (e.g., meeting notes; proposal letters; PowerPoint decks; policies and procedures; general correspondence) onto relevant systems (e.g., SharePoint; eDoc) and communication boards
- Maintain and distribute lists as needed (e.g., organizational charts; email; distribution; vendor; contacts; phone)
- Record / label / file records and documents according to enterprise records management procedures
- Utilize relevant software applications (e.g., Microsoft Project; Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook; Visio; Publisher; Access; Adobe Pro)
- Create and/or maintain administrative desk manual to ensure continuity of office operations
- Assist internal partners (e.g., print shop; marketing) with coordination of printed documentation (e.g. flyers; brochures; cutsheets)
- Monitor / oversee internal office communications (e.g., email; calendar; phones) for internal team members and take appropriate action as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma
- Experience working in a fast-paced, matrix organization
- Experience working with sensitive and confidential information
- Intermediate or greater level of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint proficiency
- Polished demeanor and comfortable working with people at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects and deadlines simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor's or Associate degree
- 3+ years of administrative support to senior leadership in a corporate setting
- Business Segment Liaison (BSL) or onboarding experience (or willingness / ability to become certified as a UnitedHealthcare BSL)
- Healthcare experience
- Microsoft Access and SharePoint experience
- Experience with Concur Expense processing
- Advanced or greater proficiency with Visio organization charts
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Administrative Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Lubbock, TX, Texas