Work You'll Do
Investment Management Tax specialists provide tax compliance and advisory services for a variety of entities and their affiliates. In this role, you will grow your technical knowledge by working on large, complex hedge fund or private equity pass-through tax compliance and related projects. You will have access to outstanding resources, collaborative teammates, technical specialists, and supportive leadership to help you successfully serve our clients with excellence.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and/or performing detailed review of workpapers and tax returns for hedge funds or investment funds
- Preparing or performing detailed review of investor packages, including Schedules K-1, K-2, K-3, and related footnote disclosures
- Researching federal tax issues and legislation to assist with the compliance and reporting process
- Identifying international and state tax information reporting needs and collaborating with specialists who lead those workstreams
- Assisting with workflow management on assigned engagements
As a global leader in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte Tax LLP works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their investors/customers. Our US tax industry group is comprised of more than 1,400 partners, principals, and employees providing a spectrum of tax services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our financial services clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including hedge funds, private equity, investment partnerships, alternative products, family offices, mutual funds, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, and other investment managers.
- 3+ years' experience providing tax planning services and/or preparing and reviewing federal income tax workpapers and tax returns
- 2+ years' experience with investment management or partnership taxation
- Understanding of Subchapter K, financial products, wash sale and constructive sale rules, and familiarity with aggregate allocations for hedge funds and/or understanding of Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, and the tax compliance process for investment partnerships
- Previous employment with Deloitte Tax
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field
- Ability to travel 5%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Previous Big 4 or Large Public Accounting experience
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
- Advanced knowledge of GoSystems and/or similar tax software and a strong interest in learning new technology