Location/Division Specific Information
Santa Clara, CA / Genetic Sciences Division
How will you make an impact?
As a member of our Molecular Biology Product Development (R&D) team, you will participate in the development of new products, evaluation of new technology, and sustaining/continuous improvement activities for the MicroArray Business Unit.
What will you do?
• Plan, execute and analyze experiments for both new and sustaining microarray products.
• Interact with a diverse and cross-functional team of scientists and data analysts to assist in a variety of R&D efforts.
• Acquire training on basic bioinformatics tools and pipelines for data analysis and collaborate with bioinformatics team for custom detailed analysis.
• Research related to new DNA microarray applications and lab workflows related to DNA methylation, Gene Expression and SNP genotyping. Maintain a high level of expertise in this area to provide support to the broader scientific team.
• Take accountability for project deliverables, implement project plans and supervise their execution.
• Participate in internal scientific seminars and represent company/division through talks, tutorials, publications.
• Drive initiatives for cost savings and continuous improvement as needed.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and techniques relevant to the MA Business Unit.
How will you get here?
Masters of Science degree with 4+ years of experience OR
Ph.D. with 2+ years of post-doctoral experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field (highly preferred)
• Experience with multiple factor and level experimental design (DOE) and appropriate analysis software; analyze experimental data, and effectively explain conclusions. Designs and execute follow-on experiments independently
• High proficiency in laboratory methods and demonstrated ability to develop new methods
• Hands-on experience with some microarray products, target preparation assay, and data analysis is a plus
• Proven ability to identify and solve difficult and complex multi-factorial problems
• Bioinformatics background knowledge is a plus
• Familiarity with the Product Life Cycle is beneficial
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Highly collaborative; have the ability to work within a diverse team and contribute to a supportive, positive work environment both within the team and in the greater community
• Self-motivated, independent, and a proactive driving force of execution
• Ability to adapt to changing needs caused by time, budget, or other constraint
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise and accurate manner
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com