We at Advantage Resourcing are seeking a hard-working and passionate R&D Scientist III for our client in Fremont, CA.
How will you make an impact?
Niche Diagnostics within the Clinical Diagnostics Division of our client is seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced professional to join the Research and Development department at Fremont, California.
This is a hands-on bench scientist position. Responsible for research and development to support the creation of new in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) immunoassay products. The ideal candidate shall have excellent hands-on experience in laboratory techniques including formulation of buffers, using laboratory equipment such as pipettes and pH meters, programming and running complex laboratory equipment such as clinical analyzers, designing and executing experiments. Strong documentation skills, demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data to draw conclusions and make recommendations, and strong collaboration, communication and teamwork skills are required.
What will you do?
• Contribute to the development of new immunoassay products for drug of abuse testing
• Independently screen antibodies for performance in new immunoassay products.
• Contribute to the design of new immunoassay products, conducting experiments independently.
• Create test protocols and execute the benchtop testing in the lab against those protocols. Plan day-to-day tasks without guidance
• Formulate and optimize reagents for clinical analyzer testing, maintaining meticulous records in your lab notebook.
• Review experimental results to confirm data accuracy, perform data analysis and make recommendations based on those results. Identify outlier or unexpected data and create a plan to address unexpected data independently.
• Perform all work in compliance with FDA Design Control guidance, ISO standards, cGMP, and other applicable regulations in the performance of your responsibilities .
• Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department as assigned.
• Maintain a constant focus on safety in the lab and within the site.
• Demonstrate a strong continuous improvement focus and execution of improvement projects.
How will you get here?
• Bachelor in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Microbiology or other related life science discipline with a minimum of 5 years of IVD product development experience. Or, M.S. or a Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology/related discipline with a minimum of 3 year of experience.
• Hands-on lab skills and experience is required with a strong desire to work in the lab and master new techniques.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs routinely
• May be required to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally
• Experience working with biological materials is preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Ability to work constructively on a team is required.
• Ability to use word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software is required
• Good organization and time management skills are required.
• Strong preference will be given to those candidates having hands-on lab-based experience in IVD assay development of from concept through development to commercialization
• Knowledge and hands-on experience immunoassay techniques and antibody-based technology is preferred
• Knowledge of FDA/ISO design control and regulatory requirements related to IVD products is preferred.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.