OptumRx, a UnitedHealth Group company, with over 24,000 employees globally, specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, integrated services to promote optimal outcomes, superior savings and outstanding client and consumer experiences. We make healthier happen by creating smarter health care connections to help more than 65 million consumers nationwide realize improved care, lower costs and a better overall experience. This is a place like no other and where you’ll do your life’s best work.(sm)
The Sales Operations Data Scientist supports analytic development, maintenance and enhancement to the Optum Specialty Pharmacy Sales Operations department. The Data scientist will develop and optimize revenue growth opportunity for the sales team by territory analysis, performance, territory structure development. This position will lead projects which will make our sales force more efficient in growing revenue by creating standard customer segmentation processes, targeting and performance reports. The position will perform ad-hoc and standardized reporting to support the strategic initiatives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Use pertinent data to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise, structure and define scope of analysis
- Pull data from multiple sources to satisfy requests, and integrate data across data sources to create standard processes and create statistical models such as forecasting, predictive models for the business
- Structure and define the deliverable to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Developing new and adapting existing dashboards and reports
- Data mapping to ensure proper displaying and testing the data integrity and quality
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the organization, specifically meeting deadlines and communicating expectations clearly
- Project work is highly varied and would include data retrieval, transformation & cleansing for the usage of the reports or dashboards
- Data cleansing, pre-processing, and QA of data provided by data support teams
- Data analysis and developing conclusions/ recommendations, and final report preparation
- QA SQL data, tableau extracts & other sources to ensure correctness of the data
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
- Provide clear explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience in data retrieval and analysis in healthcare
- Experience with project management
- Experience in receiving and developing a scope for analysis, defining, and meeting deadlines
- Experience with marketing tools such as segmentation schemes, and data management techniques, including data cleansing, merge/purge
- Experience using database reporting tools such as Microsoft Office products, Salesforce.com, and Tableau
- Experience working independently as well as with customers to define requirements and perform requested tasks
- Experience with interpreting and presenting findings
- Experience with developing advanced SQL or data warehouse queries and basic Python
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Solid experience with SQL, Python, Alteryx, and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of PBM and / or Specialty Pharmacy or healthcare claims processing
- Experience with building dashboards within Tableau
- Experience with sales or sales operations
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Scientist, Data Science, Sales Operations Data Scientist, Sales Operations, Project Management, PBM, Tableau, Advanced Excel, SQL, Python, Alteryx, Agile, Scrum, Pharmacy Services, Pharmacy, Salesforce, Salesforce.com, Healthcare, health care, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote