JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for achieving stated sales budgets annually, seeking out new accounts, and maintaining distributor and end-user relations in the territory. The focus is on prospecting and closing opportunities for Kinedyne Cargo Access products in the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and distribution environments. Products include, but are not limited to, the following Kinedyne Cargo Access products: Kin-Sider, Kin-Slider, Load Rated Side Curtains, and Sliding Roof Systems.
This territory covers the Southern United States from coast to coast.
NOTE: The Account Executive is expected to reside in the territory near a major airport hub. No relocation is available. The territory may be subject to change depending on business conditions.
• Develop and maintain a strong understanding of Kinedyne products (features, advantages, benefits); of corporate procedures; and of federal, state, and local regulations that apply to the heavy-duty trucking industry and cargo control.
• Know the competition thoroughly – who they are, their products, their sales strategies, their pricing, and their distribution methods.
• Develop and implement a sales plan for the region in conjunction with the Manager of Cargo Technologies that reflects sales and margin targets and utilizes short and long-term goals.
• Prospect for new business, both distribution and large end-user fleets, using LinkedIn Navigator, Google, and other online tools. Develop and successfully implement LinkedIn and other digital prospecting tools.
• Manage distributor relations and advance the Kinedyne line by prospecting for end users and accompanying distributor sales forces.
• Assist distributors in training newly hired salespeople.
• Service existing Kinedyne distributors to grow their sales by identifying new and additional opportunities through in person visits, virtual meetings, and presentations. Educate their sales force on Kinedyne products (product training seminars and other methods), introduce new products, and make customers aware of any current Kinedyne promotions. Encourage and promote their use of co-op flyers.
• Develop new distributors that complement and enhance the current distribution network and increase Kinedyne’s overall market penetration.
• Create “pull through” sales by visiting fleets and promoting Kinedyne products and services such as product training and legislative regulation education, as it relates to cargo securement.
• Efficiently plan and maximize sales trips regarding time, expense, and customer demand.
• Join and participate in industry associations and their meetings and events.
• Attend trade shows, conferences, customer open houses, and customer functions which may include weekends.
• Communicate with the Manager of Cargo Technologies and Customer Service regarding key events, situations, market climate, opportunities, new products and markets, and other pertinent information affecting the territory and Kinedyne as a whole.
• Submit, properly and timely, all call reports, expense reports, mileage reports, and other required paperwork.
• Attend regular sales meetings and conference calls.
• Properly use laptop, cell phone, and other sales tools in accomplishing the job functions.
• Develop and present PowerPoint presentations.
• Present and collaborate using Microsoft Teams.
• Significant travel including driving, flying, and overnight travel normally 12 nights per month or more, including trips of 4 nights/5 days. Some weekends may be required.
• Visit customer facilities, including but not limited to industrial locations, truck fleet shops, truck stops, and parts departments.
• Work from home office on a routine basis.
• Amount of travel is dependent on business and environmental conditions. Flexibility is required to transition from traveling to periods of time when goals and objectives must be met virtually and through other means, as conditions warrant.
• Customer Focus – Understanding who your customer is and their needs.
• Dealing with Ambiguity – Comfortable dealing with change and situations in which a clear answer has yet to be discovered.
• Drive for Results – Identifying key goals and using all available people and resources to get there.
• Priority Setting – Knowing what comes first.
• Interpersonal Savvy – Quickly acclimating to people and situations.
• Strategic Agility – Looking to the future and rising to meet it.
• Strong social skills including interpersonal, telephone, and e-mail skills to successfully work and communicate with a variety of personalities.
• Must be able to maintain a professional, organized, and positive demeanor, even when dealing with difficult issues and challenging customers.
• Good communication and public speaking skills.
• Proficiency in mathematics to calculate margins, pricing, and profits.
• Ability to think and operate on the fly, to assess situations, to weigh options, and to make sound business decisions.
Extensive travel, long car rides, and air travel. Long hours at trade shows and customer functions. Extended computer use (sitting, typing, and viewing screen).
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
Competent computer skills. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, and LinkedIn.
College degree required, preferably with a focus on business or marketing.
In lieu of a college degree, additional equivalent experience in a related industry may be considered.
Minimum 3 years of traveling sales experience, preferably in industrial sales.
More than 3 years of traveling sales experience preferred.
A combination of years of experience, advanced education, and industry-specific training and experience may be considered in lieu of the minimum requirement.