As part of our safety team, the Safety & Training Supervisor will assist the Safety & Training Manager in all facets of the Safety department including setup interviews and processing applications of driver candidates, coordinate and facilitate training schedule, maintain accurate training files and assist ensuring the division is compliant with company policies.
- Ensures all safety manuals, programs, policies and practices are current and meet the needs of the operating divisions.
- Familiar with EPA and OSHA, CDL compliance and regulations.
- Ensures all new hires meet minimum general qualifications for each division including background and DMV checks.
- Ensures that Safety technology tools are used and those results are examined, trend data is analyzed and plans are developed to reduce and then prevent future safety incidents.
- Ensures a consistent Safety Culture throughout the locations that incorporate operations, safety and maintenance departments and emphasizes the team approach and individual responsibility of all employees to achieve common goals.
- Oversees successful completion of all related audits including those conducted by corporate and client staff and by state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assists the Safety & Training Manager in classroom and behind the wheel instruction according to corporate and client specifications in all aspects of vehicle operation in the course of passenger transportation, including defensive driving, service area familiarization, passenger loading, unloading and securement, proper manifest documentation, use of on-board equipment, accident and emergency procedures, dispatch and radio communications, and passenger sensitivity.
- Reviews reporting of all vehicular, passenger and employee accidents/incidents for determination of cause and preventability, identifying potential trends to be addressed in future training efforts.
- Provides functional expertise in safety regarding hiring of safety department exempt employees.
- Ensures that all project training materials are up to date, that necessary supplies are available and that inventories are secured and kept up to date.
- Respond to accidents and incidents, assist with investigation and gather information, complete accident report
- Familiarization with DOT Drug and Alcohol programs
- Identify potential re-routing of buses due to safety concerns or traffic
- Provide feedback on service items that affect safety and performance; help develop solution to include in Standard Operating Procedure
- Covers the Safety & Training Manager's Desk when they are out of the office.
- All other assignments as directed by the Safety Manager and General Manager.
- Possess California Class B Driver's License (with Air Brake, Passenger, endorsements and VTT).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Certifications according to local contract requirements.
- Previous passenger transportation in current project or similar environment required.
- Previous training and/or field supervision experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent safety and service record.
- Knowledge of local training program and local operations.
- Familiarization with service area.
- Ability to manage emergency situations.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations and corporate safety programs and policies.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office products (Word & Excel) required
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with all departments.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.