Job Title: Security Officer Location: Los Gatos, CA
Environment: Commercial Bank / ATM
Pay Rate: $20.00
General Job Functions: Secure assigned post and carry out instructions as documented in site Post Orders
Shift & Hours: Full Time Tuesday-Saturday 3:30PM - Midnight
Included Benefits/Perks for Full Time Officers: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Vacation & Holidays, Referral Bonus, AT&T and Verizon discount plans
Who is GardaWorld?
GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately-owned security services company. We protect our clients’ staff and assets, wherever they are in the world. We offer different schedules, diverse work assignments spanning multiple industries and career advancement opportunities. We encourage diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GardaWorld Security Services is looking for Security Officers to fulfill different assignments for our clients.
Job Responsibilities specific to this client site include, but are not limited to:General Security responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Carry out instructions as documented in site Post Orders
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
Qualifications specific to this client site include, but are not limited to:
- A valid California BSIS Guard Card is required, 40 hours of state required training preferred
- A Valid Drivers License is required
- A minimum 3 years of Security or Military experience is required.
- High School Education or higher is required
- Must have a clean driving record and pass criminal background check and drug testing.
- Candidate must be 21 years or older
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed to write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Willing to work flexible hours & days, including holidays and weekends
Whelan Security of California, Inc.
CA Private Patrol Number: 16344