Opportunities with American Healthcare Network, OptumCare partner. When you join American Healthcare Network (AHN), you become a part of a team that strives to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the market it serves. At American Healthcare Network, we want to be the best healthcare organization we can be. Our mission is to improve the health of our patients. We’re a physician led organization, operating over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio, with over 3000 providers and 1200 employees. We’re also an OptumCare partner, part of UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and backed by the resources of a global healthcare organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system better for everyone. That’s an important differentiator as more people need our help simplifying the complexities of the American health care system. At the same time, the culture of AHN supports work-life flexibility for providers and places a high value on their physical, emotional, financial and other aspects of well-being. Find out what it means to be part of an exceptional company that values its providers, its role in health care and making a difference one patient at a time. Take a look at American Health Network and explore a new path to your life’s best work. (sm)
The RN Clinical Trainer is responsible for onboarding, training, and development of American Health Network clinicians (RN/LPNs, MAs, EMTs, etc). To do this, they will implement, create, maintain, and update clinical training materials and documentation across the AHN platform. This may include on-going compliance and regulatory training, new hire training, and clinical professional development training for all clinical staff.
This position is mostly remote with up to 30% weekly travel. Travel locations include New Albany, Whiteland, Carmel, and Indianapolis. Travel includes mileage reimbursement.
If you are located in the Southern Indianapolis region, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm
- Utilizes virtual training methods and travel to practices to provide training to clinicians as needed to meet business operations and compliance initiatives. This may include new hire onboarding for clinical employees, professional growth training, compliance and regulatory training, and new practice workflow training as needed.
- Provides training on all areas of clinical operations including policy and procedures, systems, culture, practice operations, professionalism and other areas of daily operation.
- Provides train the trainer sessions for peers to expand training team expertise.
- Assists management with evaluation of staff following trainings. Participate in clinical competency checks of staff and practice preceptors.
- Provides regular feedback to new hires and management on their proficiency and performance during training
- Provides coaching support to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Assists management with problem solving training (e.g. IT issues, common mistakes, system errors etc.).
- Maintains accurate training records and notes.
- Maintains accurate metrics as required including timely and thorough completion of all necessary program assignments, progress reports, chart audits and other required documentation.
- Responsible for staying current on all AHN policy and procedural updates.
- Works with Clinical Training Manager and the AHN Training Team to review new material, test for functionality, and provide recommendations.
- Assists with updating and creating new and ongoing training content as assigned including presentations, job aids, instructor guides, activities and assessments.
- Makes independent decisions to adapt training to the learners’ needs as required to meet learning objectives.
- Assists with logistics, transportation and coordination of materials, and hardware set up for onsite training.
- Functions as a consultant to clinical leads and practice managers.
- Effectively presents content in a formal classroom setting, in person or online.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted Registered Nurse License
- 3+ years of clinical experience in an office or hospital environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Epic EMR software experience
- CPR Instructor
- BLS Certification
- CPR Certification
- Teaching and training experience
- Onboarding experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse Trainer, Registered Nurse Educator, Software trainer, NextGen, RN Super User, EPIC trainer, Indianapolis, New Albany, Whiteland, RN, Clinical Trainer, Trainer