What You'll Do: RF Integration Engineer
You will be an integral part of the RF Industrial IoT (IIoT) group at Cisco. Your many duties will include assisting with bring-up, integration and validation of innovative antenna/ radio designs, thoroughly testing wireless subsystem performance against pre-defined, world-class quality design metrics to meet unique customer deployments and use-cases. Your relentless attitude and work ethic will allow these novel HW designs to be productized into next generation offerings for the Industrial Wireless Hardware Portfolio at Cisco Systems.
· BSEE (MSEE preferred) with 2-4 years of experience in HW product development, NPI and HW testing
· Vast experience with automation and data processing software such as MATLAB, Python and LabVIEW
· Hands on experience with microwave and measurement equipment such as Network and Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, Vector Signal Analyzer/Generators, traffic generators, and wireless sniffers
· Experience with the basic building blocks of wireless architectures such as radio front ends, antennas, amplifiers, RF switches, filters, couplers from 500 – 7125 MHz
· Knowledge of wireless networking including familiarity with path loss/channel models and networking fundamentals as well as traffic generation.
· Exposure and/or willingness to learn microwave simulation tools including ADS, CST or HFSS. -Some knowledge of digital and analog electronics components such as power supply, memory, etc.
· Familiarity with schematic and layout tools such as Cadence.
· Knowledge of wireless technologies such as WLAN, BLE, LTE, 5G NR, WPAN, among others
· Familiarity with testing against pre-defined specs, writing test plans and assisting RF project leads with certification processes in the US, Europe and with cellular carriers across the globe
· Experience working with cross-functional groups in compliance, HW design and test integration
· Comfortable with reworking small components (e.g. 0402 SMT components) and using soldering stations
Who You'll Work With
· You will work closely with the wireless industries most talented group of HW and SW Engineering, Product Management, Program Management and supply chain teams.