No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Revenue Cycle Solutions Design Associate will work with the team to plan and execute Optum's assessments and full due diligence activities across all revenue cycle functions, with a specific emphasis on back office revenue cycle functions.
The Revenue Cycle Solution Design team is responsible for completing revenue cycle assessments to identify revenue improvement and efficiency opportunities across Patient Access, Health Information Management / Revenue Integrity and Patient Financial Services for both Acute and Ambulatory clients. The team leads full partnership due diligence efforts to estimate the benefit that can be generated for a potential client and the impact to the Optum bottom line.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Supports a specific work stream of the end to end assessment and full due diligence processes at a single potential client site
- Contributes to the development of benefit estimates and financial models for potential clients
- Serves as the key data contact for a potential client, including reviewing the data request with the client, fielding questions regarding the request and posing any necessary questions back to the client in order to validate the integrity of the data
- Acquires and processes client data necessary for high level assessment and full due diligence efforts. Demonstrates ability to analyze large volumes of data in order to produce useable results to meet evaluation objectives
- Collaborates with other functional units (optimization, finance, human capital, technology and compliance) to ensure timely reviews and contributions of final documents
- Assists with pre - onsite planning and logistics (e.g. flight, hotel, and rental car logistics)
- Assists with the preparation for the first draft of the benefits based on the high-level assessment and full due diligence efforts
- Contributes to Revenue Cycle Solution Design methodology development and other functional assignments as assigned
- Displays ability to effectively communicate within the Revenue Cycle Solution Design team as well as externally
- Demonstrates creativity to design approach and problem-solving skills
- Provides operational subject matter expertise in the development of sales materials in preparation for initial and ongoing client conversations
- Supports innovation execution for strategic organization initiatives
- Attends industry conferences and acts as a subject matter expert for Optum
- Exemplifies Optum values of integrity, respect, collaboration, innovation, and excellence across all activities
- Enables achievement of Optum goals for growth, execution, customers, and people
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 + yrs consulting experience
- 1 + yr + revenue cycle experience; knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Patient Access, Health Information Management / Revenue Integrity / Coding / Clinical Documentation Improvement / Business Office / Denials Management
- Experience with Operations and / or consulting for pre - bill clean claim requirements, billing, collections, payment management
- Experience with general back office metrics, productivity standards and workflow
- Understanding the root cause linkage of back end claim issues and the originating cause of the issue (e.g. payment delays, returned mail and bad debt caused by incorrect information capture and quality checks during registration)
- Experience with Government (e.g. Medicaid, Medicare), commercial and self - pay payers
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to condense large amounts of data into succinct, executive level Presentations Ability to manage and analyze large amounts of patient claims and operational data
- Ability to travel up to 50%
You will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s US Telecommuting Policy
If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Advanced degree
- Industry or consulting experience
- Outsourcing operations or assessment experience
- Back - End Revenue Cycle
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Revenue Cycle, Patient Access, Health information management, coding, clinical documentation, data analysis, telecommute, telecommuting, work from home, remote, travel