The Retail Photography Studio is looking for an experienced Retouching Artist. This position's primary responsibility will be dedicated to the digital retouching of high quality photographic assets including both hardware and lifestyle photography. They key candidate is able to collaboratively work with Art Directors, Photographers, Producers, Traffic and QA teams.
- Highly proficient in Photoshop with emphasis in photo retouching, composition and effects.
- Color correction experience within an RGB work-flow.
- Solid knowledge of the creative process, including spec’ing and assessing resources needed to produce company’s quality work for handoff to specifications.
- Excellent knowledge of asset management and server navigation. DAM experience is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and juggle a large volume of imagery while maintaining consistent quality.
- Highly detail oriented and organized self-starter who thrives working independently and also in a collaborative team environment.
- Exhibits proactive, constructive and solution-oriented thinking and execution.
- Communicates effectively with diplomatically, both verbally and in written form, in addition to being open to seeking and receiving feedback.
- Learns quickly and continually works to improve individual and team performance.
- Willingness to learn and adapt styles to meet work-flow requirements in a constantly evolving creative environment.
- Demonstrates a motivated and positive attitude with a high level of integrity and maturity.
- Image processing, clean up, pathing, shadow and color correction using Photoshop and Capture One.
- Tasks such as alpha channel screen updates, file migration, documentation and drawing.
- Make edits to images and layouts per creative feedback.
- Communicate effectively and work closely with Art Directors, Photographers, Producers, Coordinators and other Retouching Artists.
- QA, crop, resize and finalize image files according to specs using automations if applicable.
- Minimum 5 years working as a highly professional retoucher
- Bachelor of Arts degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Company and accessory products.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications, Capture One and traditional print work-flows are a plus.