The Restaurant Manager is responsible for running an efficient, professional, safe and profitable food operation while providing caring hospitality and craveable food and beverage products. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follows and ensure team follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices.
- Accountable for sales, expenses and bottom-line profits.
- Demonstrate a positive role model for MAGIC Selling.
- Provides on-going training to all associates to promote team satisfaction and minimize turnover.
- Supports and ensures food production following recipes and Food Division Best Practices.
- Monitor food quality by completing daily a.m. and p.m. line checks.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with store management.
- Partner with store Human Resources office to coordinate all hiring, recruiting, termination and employee relations resolution.
- Monitors and documents employee performance, and delivers employee performance appraisals.
- Maintain role model standards in grooming and professional appearance and communications.
- Meet highest standards of workplace sanitation/equipment care and safety as set by Health Department and company policy.
- Utilize all Macy’s and Food Division systems and tools.
- Manages scheduling and complete weekly payroll to maximize associate productivity, labor cost control and customer satisfaction.
- Utilize daily sales reports and weekly food cost and payroll reports to ensure monthly profit/loss goals are met.
- Orders food, beverage, dry and paper goods based budget and needs of the business.
- Completes timely payment of invoices according to vendor contracts and Food Division Best Practices.
- Completes food inventories following Inventory Best Practices to ensure they are taken on a timely and accurate basis to ensure targeted food and liquor costs are maintained.
- Ensures the coordination and execution of special events and central-driven promotional strategies.
- Provide ongoing coaching and recognition to increase team’s performance.
- Ensure team is trained on and follows safe work practices.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Preferred College degree and previous hospitality/food service supervisory/management experience. Safe food handling certification is required.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports, procedure manuals and recipes. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Understanding of P&L statements, food costs and payroll budgets.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to anticipate and solve problems.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. This position is exposed to high levels of heat within an enclosed space.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills. Must be able to work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. This position is required to use potentially hazardous restaurant equipment. Must role model and coach safe equipment use and food safety practices. Working understanding of Windows based systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.