At Juniper Networks, our Services teams are passionate about enabling positive experiences. Passionate about customer success!
We are looking to hire a Resident Engineer to join our growing Services team. Resident Engineers are 'hands-on', providing operational support services that empower our customers to get the very best from our industry-leading products. You will apply your technical knowledge to optimize customer networks, proactively mitigate risks, test & deploy new software and hardware, and delve into hot issues. The Resident Engineer will engage either individually or as part of a larger customer Network Operations Team.
Location: Providing support on-site with our customers regionally along with working from home.
This is a remote position, with periodic customer site visits(~2 annually) and may require additional work hours and on-call support for critical issues.
- To understand the Customer's organizational structure and become familiar with the Customer's network implementation, support processes, and procedures to help in designing a network that is available and sustainable.
- New Product Implementation (NPI) testing of new systems, platforms, designs, features, functionality as well as software certification as required by the Customer in a laboratory environment as well as detailed implementation and service functionality & validation plans.
- To test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the pre-production test network and then live network as implementation plans dictate.
- Troubleshooting equipment and network problems in coordination with JTAC through to problem resolution on pre and post-production issues.
- Report documentation across architecture & design initiatives, as well as equipment and network problem post mortems including preventative/hardening recommendations
- The Resident Engineer is a customer advocate within Juniper and is required to help drive expedited problem resolution during escalation situations
- To train the Customer's design, implementation, and support personnel to configure and operate the Juniper Networks products.
- Support the design and planning of Juniper products within the Customer infrastructure.
- Drive best practice policies and implementation and management guidelines for Juniper products in the Customer environment.
- Peer with other employees performing similar resident engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimize the risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network.
- The Resident Engineer is expected to be the subject matter expert of the customer's networks, identifying deficiencies and improvements opportunities, assisting the sales team to support improved network design and new technology introduction opportunities
Skills and Experience:
- Candidates for this role MUST have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in MPLS, or Cloud/Internet services environments.
- Experience in the cloud provider/enterprise world is highly desired.
- Knowledge of the internal architecture of Juniper Routers and Switches (MX, PTX, QFX5k, QFX10k).
- Understanding and troubleshooting pure BGP IP fabric topologies in a DC environment, DHCP/DHCP relay and CoS.
- Understanding and troubleshooting of RSVP/MPLS-based networks, BGP in a backbone environment (iBGP, eBGP, RRs) and L3 VPNs.
- Hands-on configuration and troubleshooting skillsets on JUNOS are required
- Additional important tasks include creating comprehensive documentation on Testing results, MOPs, Design Documents etc.
- Knowledge and practical experience with scripting and automation desired (Python, Ansible or Salt).
- Knowledge transfer is very key for the customer and will also be an important responsibility for the Engineers, candidate needs to be able to articulate and explain complex topics/ideas to key stakeholders
- Most importantly, a candidate needs to be proactive and exhibit an excellent work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to function in a team environment and utilize cross-functional strengths
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure.
ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world's largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Everyday our 9,000+ colleagues come together across 46 countries to realize our company vision - Connect Everything, Empower Everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it's downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking - where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work-their life's work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job - it's an opportunity to help change the world...