Research Scientist I
Mountain View, CA
We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated Research Scientist l to play a key role in the company's scientific research and development programs and progress. This position requires significant lab experience and expertise in histological techniques (stainings and trouble-shooting, microscopy, and analysis), molecular biological and biochemical assays (qPCR, ELISA etc.), as well as experience with animal models for neurological disorders.
As an active member of a team of researchers, this person will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, including planning and assisting with data collection; data analysis; preparation of technical reports and protocols, as well as presenting research results.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible to contribute to the Company's pipeline research programs as follows:
PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently perform a variety of routine and non-routine research assignments and experiments and assist with lab and vivarium maintenance responsibilities.
- Design, plan and execute rigorous tissue analysis using immunohistochemistry (IHC) and wet lab technologies with minimal supervision of senior research staff. Proficient in brain tissue sectioning, light microscopy and image analysis.
- Experience with rodent survival surgeries dosing routes (IV, IP, Sub Q), Transcardial perfusions, rat brain dissections is desired.
- Proficient in use of excel in compiling, organizing and graphing large data sets using graph pad prism, Image J, Scripting using R.
- Knowledge of basic statistical analysis concepts.
- Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature and stay up to date with respect to relevant new lab techniques and technologies.
- Collaborate with scientists across the organization to enable timely and thorough data generation
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Master's degree from an accredited college/university in a field related to biomedical research, neuroscience, or molecular biology.
- Minimum of (3) years of progressively advancing responsibilities and technical experience. Pertinent industry and/or academic lab experience.
- Experience with immunohistochemistry and microscopy is required.
- Hands on expertise on cell culture techniques including cell cultures, RNA isolation, and protein expression analysis.
- Demonstrated independence in designing and conducting experimental research.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills that enable the individual to interact with all levels of management, technical and scientific personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work as a team member.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects with timely follow-through.
- Demonstrated energy and passion. A commitment to helping deliver scientific achievement pertinent to our mission.
- Autonomous, self-starter interested to grow and progress in their career via delivering results; comfortable working in a changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Key attributes: problem solver, creative, positive mental attitude, direct, good sense of humor.
- A quick study with excellent written and verbal communications and professional presentation skills and demeanor.
- An outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team player attitude.