ACS Solution has an immediate need for a Research Scientist with experience in the any Industry. This is a 4 month contract opportunity and is located in Redwood City California Our client is a leading Pharmaceutical company.
Please review the job description below:
Title: Research Scientist
Location: Redwood City California
This research scientist position plays a key role in developing stable cell lines for recombinant protein within Discovery Biotherapeutics. Cell line development serves as an interface among multidisciplinary teams in therapeutic discovery at different stages. The key responsibilities include molecular biology and cell line generation for antigens and bio-therapeutic products. We design and develop antigen cell lines for mice immunization, binder screening, cell-based binding and function assays, and in vivo tumor models. Also, we develop cell lines for the expression of bio-therapeutic products and reagents. The successful candidate is expected to be a good team player with excellent written and oral communication, and organizational skills.
- Design and construct vectors (non-viral and Lenti-vectors) for recombinant protein expression.
- Culture host cells and transfect host cells with expression vectors in different transfection methods.
- Perform Lenti-virus production and cell transduction to develop antigen cell lines.
- Characterize and sort cell lines with FACS, sorter, ELISA, western blots, etc.
- Screen stable clonal cell lines for bio-therapeutic product and reagents with growth profile, production rates, and yields.
- B.Sc. (+5 years working experience) or M.Sc. (+2 years working experience) in Cell biology, Immunology, Cancer biology, Molecular biology, Biochemistry or related fields.
- Strong mammalian cell culture, transfection and transduction experience is necessary.
- Hands-on experience with FACS, ELISA and Western Blot is desirable.
- Strong Molecular cloning skills in vector construction is needed.
- Proficient with basic data analysis and visualization software (Geneious, Prism, Flowjo etc.)
- Excellent written, oral, and organizational skills.
- Motivated self-starter, with the ability to multitask, rational thinks and problem solving.
- Experience with mRNA preparation, production and purification is a plus.
- Experience with multiple color FACS analysis and cell sorting is a plus.
- Cell line engineering experience via HDR CRISPR/Cas9 is a plus.
If it creates an interest for you, please email me the latest copy of your resume.
Thanks and regards,
Prachi Agrahari (Lead-Recruitment)
(Email signature, which must have a contact number and email address)