Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerlyAlere) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family ofbusinesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies.
The position of Regulatory Analyst is within our Acelis ConnectedHealth BU located at Livermore, CA. Inthis role, you will describe how the role adds value and the importance of therole to our organization.
TheRegulatory Analyst is responsible for participating in regulatory activitiesdesigned to enhance ethical business practices consistent with company ethicsstandards of Alere Home Monitoring now Abbott and government complianceguidelines/regulations in an effort to prevent and/or detect potential fraud orabuse.
In addition,this position is responsible for supporting the department with a variety ofadministrative, licensing, and database maintenance.
Thisjob description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change bymanagement.
- Researches regulations by reviewingregulatory bulletins and other sources of information related to licensing.
- Keeps other departments abreast ofrequirements by researching regulatory and filing information; writing andcommunicating guidelines.
- Directly correspond with State Licensing Agencies on licensingmatters, including licensing deficiencies, renewal requirements, statedisclosures, and amended filings.
- Track license application status through approval and renewal forall US locations.
- Maintains active file of licenses andlicensing activities for all departments to use as required.
- Provides all metrics requested forlicensing activities.
- Acts as communication point for all JointCommission activity.
- Acts as scribe for all inspections,audits, surveys, reviews and oversight visits.
- Drive Compliance Week and otherregulatory training throughout the year.
- Plans and coordinates Complianceactivities for the company
- Prepares, reviews and files regulatorydocuments
- Researches and makes recommendations onregulatory policies
- Supports the company in regulatorymatters
- Evaluates compliance with regulatorypolicies and procedures
- Generates reports that inform seniormanagement of areas to improve Regulatory compliance
- Reviews company reports prior topublication to ensure regulatory information is verified and presentedaccurately
- Coordinates audits with appropriatedepartments as required
- Ensures that business operations comply withexisting government laws and regulations
- Reviews proposed new laws and regulationsto ensure full compliance and inform the company of potential new laws thatimpact business operations
- Assesses the company’s operations andmakes recommendations to ensure the systems within applicable governmentregulations
- Maintains professional and technicalknowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professionalpublications; establishing personal networks; bench marking state-of-the-artpractices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort byaccomplishing related results as needed.
- Assistswith any special projects as directed by manager
BASICQUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
- A four year degree from an accredited college;or equivalent experience will be considered as minimum requirement for thisposition
- Knowledgeable in IDTF and DMEPOS standards andguidelines
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards orother accreditations and surveys
- Knowledgeable in Out of State Licensureregulations for DME, BOP and or DOH
- Ability to research and review regulations andstandards to develop plain English description for other staff members
- Paralegal experience a plus
- Effectivelycommunicate, both in writing and verbally with others in a professional manner
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Computer/Software Skills
- Communication & Writing Skills
- Organization/Time Management Skills
- Human Relations Skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Sitting at desk forlong period on computer using keyboard and phone
- Fax / Photocopier / Scanner
Anequal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in ourworkforce.
Weprovide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.To request an accommodation, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or contactyour HR Partner to let us know the nature of your request.