Dignity Health Medical Network (DHMN) and Santa Cruz Quality Care Network are local, physician led networks of healthcare providers and hospitals working together to provide patients with a team-based approach to care which is innovative and inclusive. We are committed to bringing quality health care, expertise, and value to our patients by focusing on patients’ access to prevention, care coordination and chronic condition management. A critical member of this team-based quality focused care is the Quality Management Nurse. The Quality Management Nurse will work closely and collaboratively with outpatient and inpatient partners to improve the quality of the care delivered across the care continuum.
DHMN-SC and SCQCN are supported by Dignity Health Management Services (Dignity Health MSO). The purpose Dignity Health MSO is to build a system-wide integrated physician-centric, full-service management service organization structure. Dignity Health MSO offers an outstanding Total Rewards package that integrates competitive pay with a state-of-the-art, flexible Health & Welfare benefits package. Our cafeteria-style benefit program gives employees the ability to choose the benefits they want from a variety of options, including medical, dental and vision plans, for the employee and their dependents, Health Spending Account (HSA), Life Insurance and Long Term Disability. We also offer a 401k retirement plan with a generous employer-match. Other benefits include Paid Time Off and Sick Leave.
The Quality Management Nurse provides direct local service area support to the Clinical Integration (CI) program. The QM Nurse reports to the SCQCN Executive Director and is an employee of Dignity Health Managed Services Organization. The QM Nurse provides local support to the CI Program through continuous interaction and education with the participating physicians and mid-level providers, as well as hospital QM staff. This positions serves the Santa Cruz County area.
What you can expect from working with our team:
- Provide leadership with support on performance improvement and development of remediation plans at the local service area level.
- Working closely with Physician Practice Liaison to provide physician office staff education regarding support for physician in implementing clinical initiatives undertaken within the physician’s area of specialty.
- Provide one-on-one education on use of dashboard reports and other communications as appropriate to identify potential improvements and assist physicians in understanding methods and processes required to achieve measurable results.
- Collaborate with leadership in preparing analyses, as well as monitoring, interpreting, and educating on results of clinical (ambulatory and hospital) quality, cost and utilization data.
We’re looking for a dynamic and highly motivated person with the ability to inspire and lead people, as well as communicate effectively with employees, Physicians, other Management Service Organization Administrators and Hospital staff.
Experience and Education:
- 2 years experience in a quality management program in a managed care/health plan, IPA, hospital setting(s) preferred
- Must possess a keen working knowledge of Medical Management process improvement activities (QM Programs, Pay-for-Performance measures), including analysis of qualitative and quantitative clinical data concerning patient outcomes, to ensure the highest quality care is documented consistent with the CI Program guidelines. Experience navigating through patient information in an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) application in the ambulatory setting
- Degree from college or university nursing program.
- Clear and current CA RN license.
- Experience navigating through patient information in an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) application in the ambulatory setting.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of individuals, sometimes in stressful situations.
relevant skills: rn, registered nurse, quality, risk, quality management, qm, disease management