* Collect samples of ingredients, products and/or packages and monitor and test according to established procedures.
* Performs calibration of lab equipment when assigned.
* Follows work practices in Quality Assurance manual and compares test results to standards.
* Document neatly and precisely all results.
* Communicate inconsistent results or observations to management immediately.
* Monitor processes to assure they are operating consistently.
* Reports processing problems or potential problems immediately to Production Manager and QA Manager.
* Reports packaging line problems or potential problems immediately to Production Manager and QA Manager.
* Label and maintain samples of ingredients or products for retains or shelf life monitoring.
* Identifying potential hazards and solution to issue.
* Organize collected data for management review (charts, graphs, tables, etc.)
* Accurately weigh colors, flavors and other small ingredients.
* Maintains adequate inventory of lab prepared colors and flavors.
* Test R&D samples for Food Safety and Specification development.
* Maintain lab area and equipment in orderly fashion.
* Assist production when necessary.
* Recommend methods for improving any processes to reduce waste, improve productivity, improve quality and/or consistency.
* Follow and generally keep aware of the plant GMPs and reports anything which might have a negative effect on our products or company.
* Follow Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) established by QA Manager and safety guidelines established by Plant Management.
* Ensures compliance to quality, food safety, 5S, OSHA and HACCP support programs; monitors critical control points (CCPs) for pH, water activity and metal detection; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
* Ensure compliance to quality, food safety and HAACP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
* Perform other duties/responsibilities as assigned by management.
* Basic math, science, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
* Ability to follow and give accurate, detailed instructions (written or oral)
* Efficiently organize work, tasks and time.
* Written and oral communication skills.
* Bachelor's Degree in food science, biology or Science.
* Inspection of packaging is also required on the production line.
* Must be comfortable lifting pallets (can work with someone else to move them, they won't be doing that for a large portion of their time).
* ability to lift 50 lbs
* Needs to be detail-oriented
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.