The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This Dental Provider Relations Advocate role with UnitedHealth Group will call on your knowledge, your energy and your commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. We're building better, more effective provider networks every day. In this role, you'll use your strong customer service orientation and knowledge of insurance claims to serve as an advocate for providers in our networks. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
The Dental Provider Relations Advocate is responsible for the full range of provider relations and service interactions within UnitedHealth Group, including being the face of UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Dental in the field with our providers and the liaison for provider contracting questions, claim and call quality, ease of use of provider web portal, future service enhancements and training & development of provider education programs. The role may be involved in identifying and remediating operation shortfalls and researching and resolving complex claims and claims issues. The role also ensures the network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties, including recruitment and contracting as needed. This role is primarily focused on our Commercial and Medicare programs.
If you are located in Maryland, Virginia or District of Columbia you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
This position will cover an assigned territory, but not necessarily limited to, VA. The individual selected should live within/or proximal to VA to allow for provider visitation.
- FQHC relationship owner
- Provider relationship manager
- Targeted Provider recruitment
- Provider education
- Provider at risk escalation resource
- Member escalation contact
- Network adequacy manager
- Special project manager
- Market expert
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of experience in a network management related role, such as contracting, provider relations or provider services and/or experience working in a dental office
- Basic level of proficiency with MS Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 1+ years of experience with Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement methodology (i.e. APG, PPS, FFS, Capitation)
- Knowledge of PPO reimbursement methodologies
- Provider contracting experience
- Knowledge of Dental products/providers
- Knowledge of claim processing systems and guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish rapport and work well with others
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Reliable transportation
- Reside in service area as noted above
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customer’s live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Provider Relations Advocate, network management, Contracting, provider relations, provider services, Medicare, Medicaid, PPO, reimbursement methodologies, Provider contracting, Dental, Claims, VA, Virginia, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Travel, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare