At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people. Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world's most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management. We take pride in the fact that our multifamily communities are places our residents are proud to call home. Our customer-focused associates set us apart from our competition - managing every aspect of our communities to ensure the highest level of service, value and convenience for residents.
We are searching for a talented Property Manager to be based out of The Village Residences in Mountain View.
We thought you might want to check out where you could be working next. Click here to take a peek at the property! Trust us… you are going to like what you see.
Supervises and coordinates the daily operations of an apartment community including, but not limited to, the general administration, leasing and occupancy, maintenance of the property and management of all property associates. Responsible for maintaining the physical assets and the performance of the property, to achieve the highest possible net operating income, without compromising the quality of the property's appearance or level of service. Monitors regulatory compliance and company policies and procedures related to property management and ensures that all associates are familiar with and understand them.
- Establishes and coordinates a communication system involving transactions and activities between property associates and the Corporate Office. Completes performance evaluations on supervised associates. Ensures the highest level of performance and professionalism of supervised associates. Responds to emergency situations, contacting appropriate Regional Managers or agencies as necessary. Depending on property, may perform functions of Assistant Property Manager. Some functions include: preparation of service requests, follow-up with residents, etc.
- Supports and ensures timely input, proper use and full utilization of on-site PC-based property management and time-keeping software systems including assistance in training of new associates and ongoing training of property associates. Prepares purchase orders and approves expenditures within specified budgetary guidelines. Reviews, understands, analyzes and makes recommendations for vendor contracts to Regional Manager. Assists with the preparation of the annual operating budget for the property as well as projections. Reviews monthly operating results with Regional Manager and assists with the preparation of written variance reports.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all maintenance programs and capital improvement projects to ensure the proper and efficient operation of systems, preventive maintenance programs, housekeeping functions and responses to resident service requests. Ensures compliance with housing quality standards. Coordinates with Engineering Department on all major maintenance issues.
- Assists with the development and implementation of a marketing plan for the property based on a careful and factual analysis of competitive properties. Responsible for coordinating the advertising and promotional needs of the property to maximize marketing plans and on all major marketing issues with the Marketing Department. Ensures that the property complies with affirmative marketing procedures and goals.
- Meets with prospective residents, identifies their housing needs, interviews them to determine eligibility based on established criteria, shows vacant and model suites (where applicable) and property amenities based on established techniques specified by the company. Quotes established rental rates and promotions (where applicable). Makes follow-up calls, sends follow-up literature and pursues rental status. Collects funds related to applications, security deposits and rentals. Approves all applicants for residency, including eligibility for affordable housing programs (if applicable), approves all leasing documents and ensures that all application fees, deposits, and move-in monies are collected. Collects rent from residents, verifies amounts paid, accounts for discrepancies, deposits rent daily, sends verifying information to Corporate Office and follows up on any delinquent rents, initiating collection and/or eviction procedures as necessary.
- Conducts move-in and/or move-out inspections of apartments, charges residents for applicable damages or unpaid fees, prepares and approves related move-out documents, sends verifying documentation to Corporate Office and maintains on-site records. Conducts move-in inspections to determine market readiness and implements housing quality standards. Performs interim unit inspections annually or as directed.