Engineering Project Manager – Product Design Input Devices (Contractor)
Location: Open to non local candidates, but they need to work PST.
Department: iPad Program Mgmt System
Job Category: IT/Engineering
Job Title: Project Manager II
As an Engineering Project Manager within the Product Design organization you will be responsible for managing the development and implementation process for one of our Input Device Hardware product development teams. In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on mechanical engineering design, development planning and validation cycles.
The Successful candidate is a Project/Program Manager with a minimum of 2+ years of related mechanical or electrical engineering background in mobile, computer or consumer electronics. The ideal candidate was a practicing engineer prior to becoming a project manager.
• Excellent communication, organizational, presentation and leadership skills
• Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
• Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
• Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
• Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes
• At least 2-4+ years of combined experience in project management and engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials and high esthetic quality.
• Experience interfacing with operations, mechanical engineering/design and marketing
• Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process
• Create and maintain project schedules to meet market delivery date
• Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful completion of product development tasks
• Lead a cross-functional team of mechanical engineers, utilizing a solid ME background to recognize, assess and communicate cross-functional issues and risks
• Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives including calling and running meetings among engineering stakeholders
• Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action including preparing and executing contingency plans should main plans fail
• Collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering, operations, and marketing managers and OEM partners to meet aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals
• Lead cross-functional communication between project teams and external vendors via leading face-to-face meetings, conference calls and written communications
• Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management
• Offer multiple levels of status via written and verbal communication
• Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making
BS degree required
Field of study: engineering (ME) preferred
• Manage master FY Roadmap for brand team by quarter Drive project milestones with team from project approval, through strategic development, creative development and production to completion.
• Ensure schedules and roadmaps are communicated and shared with all stakeholders Work closely with Resource Manager through casting process and update them regularly to manage creative and design resource allocation and changes Set up and facilitate Brand-led weekly huddles and status meetings, tracking action items and partnering with Brand Team to run.
• Work with Brand Manager to prioritize and align team on daily, weekly, monthly focus, working together to solve conflicts ahead of time
• Manage the scheduling and agenda for Brand-led creative reviews across pod working in liaison with the Brand Manager
• Work with Brand Creative Director and Team to define creative concepting process and structure of reviews specific to project needs
• Facilitate Brand-led creative reviews and all connection points including scope, attendees, location, facilities, materials.
• Ensure that project materials are captured and archived
• Connect with Functional and Production partners to share updates during creative concepting phase
• When in reviews, take meeting notes and align with Brand Manager to distribute as needed Guide Functional teams on scheduling of Functional creative reviews with Brand team
• Manage team server logistics: set-up, communication, disclosure lists, folders, organization
• Manage confidential team work spaces, logistics calendars, badge access
• Closing out projects and archiving project materials (briefs, documentation, creative concepts, etc)