Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Livermore, CA, US
Location details: Negotiable across US and CA
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
Location: Livermore, California (US-CA)
Location details:Negotiable across US and CA
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive.
We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Position Title: Project Manager (ICP)
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible to manage the execution of the complete end-to-end crane project within the established budget, scope and timeframe. The project manager acts as primary interface to customer during project execution and plays an instrumental role in the overall customer experience, and therefore customer satisfaction.
Project Managers must take full responsibility for the projects they are assigned and are expected to manage all internal and external stakeholders (suppliers, customers, finance, sales, etc.) to successfully facilitate a project that meets expectations. In order to be effective, a Project Manager must be accessible, knowledgeable, helpful and responsive to all stakeholders involved. In technical areas where a Project Manager does not have an answer or technical understanding, it is expected that they will utilize the resources available to them to find the answer.
- Organize and lead internal and external kick off meetings
- Maintain and distribute minutes of the meetings
- Budget and project financial responsibility
- Manage project document submittals
- Manage project deliverables schedule
- Organize and coordinate freight from factory to customer site
- Organize and coordinate installation activities
- Organize and coordinate all site deliverables
- Organize and coordinate startup and commissioning
- Managing customer change orders in conjunction with sales
- Support SAT (Site Acceptance Testing)
- Responsible for SAP data entry and management as required for project execution
The entire purchasing experience of our customers can set us apart in the industry; either positively or negatively. Our ability to create satisfied customers is dependent on our behavior throughout the entire customer purchasing experience, the majority of which is through the communication of the Project Managers.
- Post secondary degree or diploma from a college, or PMP certification is preferred. Previous Project Management experience is required.
- Experience with overhead crane delivery, installation, and commissioning; or related similar construction experience is an asset. Applicant must be familiar with transportation of heavy machinery, installation and installation practices, jobsite scheduling of multiple trades, and jobsite safety.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience and well developed "people" skills. Applicant will interface with all levels of supplier and customer management and must be able to communicate effectively to all.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to efficiently handle and administer multiple tasks on concurrently running projects, and experience in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Advanced PC skills, including MS Project, MS Office, and other ERP systems.
- Must have strong technical aptitude and a desire to fully understand our products and processes
- Prior experience with electric overhead travelling (ETO) cranes is an asset.
*KC #monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes, Inc. and its affiliates will not accept resumes from external recruiters or agencies without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission. Any resumes sent without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission with Konecranes, Inc. are void of any fees and free for internal use. Applicable Konecranes data protection obligations are the responsibility of the agency.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,900 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .