Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY & HEART FAILURE division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in EP/HF, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Our Program Manager of Professional Education has primary responsibility to develop the strategy and support the coordination of educational activities for Abbott customers and other external stakeholders. This individual will be responsible for supporting Abbott heart failure educational priorities. He/she will tactically execute on key programs to increase awareness and engagement with both patients and HCPs to drive consideration and adoption of Abbott heart failure solutions. Activities include customer educational visits, sales training programs, national peer to peer (P2P) programs and all other training programs in collaboration with Marketing, Clinical, Sales, and the broader HF Education Team. Skills in market development and the development of multi-channel educational strategies leveraging best practices in adult learning including developing curricula and content for continuing education modules, Learning Management System module creation and development, and content for local, national, and customer programs is essential. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Professional Education Heart Failure Therapies.
- Manage and oversees the educational strategies related to activities, modules, and programs serving Abbott Heart Failure Therapies.
- Develop and execute effective education initiatives to drive market growth and adoption of assigned products with both patients and HCPs.
- Able to design appropriate programs to educate and train HCPs to follow guideline-based management of Patient.
- Understand key market trends, barriers, customer insights, and competitive information to identify customer needs and education opportunities at local, regional, and national levels
- Leads, influences, coaches, cross-functional teams to enable successful educational activities for customers & other external stakeholders. Leverage expertise from within the organization to accomplish operational and training objectives.
- Partners cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Clinical, Program Management, Regulatory Clinical and other departments as needed to establish and lead the development of educational project priorities and allocate resources appropriately.
- Manage and implement short and long-term plans to ensure educational activities and programs are in place to meet business objectives and ensure alignment and coordination with appropriate functional partners.
- Develop and implement educational strategies using techniques such as e-learning, self-learning, web-based learning, experiential learning to meet the training needs.
- Develop, implement, train and monitor effectiveness of educational activities and programs. Adapt activities and priorities to meet business objectives and priorities.
- Ensure effective contracting and implementation of educational training modules, P2P programs, CEVs, and other educational program activities.
- Facilitates the adoption of programs and tools by Abbott Heart Failure Commercial teams outside of the United States.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION YOU'LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited university.
- At least 5 years’ experience in heart failure as a clinician or in industry. Candidates with experience related to Hospital/Clinic program growth and/or prior marketing roles will be preferred
- Solid leadership and people management skills, including demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and develop employees.
- Significant experience in identifying and driving operational change and excellence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical aptitude in Education.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%, including internationally.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.