Teledyne Defense Electronics is a flagship business unit of Teledyne Microwave Solutions (TMS) with over 50 years of experience in the design, development, and manufacture of sophisticated microwave/RF components and integrated assemblies for the most demanding challenges. Our products and capabilities are sought after by civilian and military organizations spanning numerous global markets, including Aviation, Communication, Electronic Warfare (EW/ECM/CIED), Industrial, Missile/UAV, Radar, Satcom, Space, and Test and Measurement.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Provides budget analysis, labor planning, and coordination of activities between all departments and personnel. Serves as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products to customers. Monitors and drive project completion from initiation through delivery to meet revenue and cost projections. May be required to manage customer relationship to ensure customer satisfaction.
Develop and implement activities to meet goals, quality and cost objectives. Selects, develops and leads personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the Project Management function and develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Prioritizes schedules based on multiple factors and customer requirements. Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Determines critical methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel. Tasks and assignments tend to be complex, non-routine and/or require a greater level of expertise. Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and process to meet goals outlined. Duties are performed under limited supervision.
- This position reports directly to a Sr. Program Manager of Teledyne Microwave Solutions in the Mountain View, CA facility.
- Primary task as a Project Manager is to outline, coordinate and schedule all the necessary tasks from Order entry, to material procurement, to scheduling builds, monitoring Test and ensure all quality follow downs from a given Contract to achieved and delivered to customers on time. This task will require close interaction with all departments within the facility.
- Responsible for managing the implementation of specific customer contracts line items involving computer-based systems and/or government contracts.
- Plans, directs, controls and coordinates financial as well as engineering activities for the projects, and for achieving financial and technical objectives.
- Manages and Monitors projects from initiation through delivery, interfacing with all internal departments on technical and schedule matters.
- Organizes interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget and time constraints.
- Assess status and risk, generate recovery plans and meet customer expectations and business objectives.
- May support new business proposals.
- Ensure that departments within the organization reach goals within budget and a high level of quality.
- Interacts with subordinates and/or functional peer groups regarding exchange or presentation of information.
- Determines work schedules and overtime (if applicable) and allocation of resources and equipment. Resolves problems as they occur.
- Pursues new ways to improve the efficiency of production. Develops, plans and administers procedures. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
- Coordinates, develops and implements standard operating procedures for functional area.
- Manages the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals.
- Confers with department supervisors or leads to determine status of assigned tasks within any assigned projects.
- Prepares project status reports and summaries.
- Identifies obstacles to achieving goals and provides solutions or seeks assistance.
- Prepares and presents budgetary recommendations.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors and functional peer groups at various management levels. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific project/schedules.
- Establishes operational objectives and assignments to subordinate managers. Objectives are reviewed by senior management to determine success of operation and are involved in developing, modifying and executing company wide policies which affect immediate operation(s) and may also have effect.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions and/or customers.
- May be tasked to change the thinking, or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
PMI PMP Certification highly desirable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and its organizational competent.
Bachelor's degree from a college or university in a related manufacturing positions and 15+ years of directly related experience in the RF and Microwave Industry (Military or Aerospace) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience surrounding Project management. PMP certification a plus.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret various business documents, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to prepare and effectively present information and response to questions before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a general knowledge of Microsoft Office (includes Word, PowerPoint, Excel and especially MS Project OneNote) and general knowledge of an ERP/MRP Software.
US Citizenship with ability to attain/maintain government security clearance.