Location: San Jose, CA
Team: Tailored Day Services - Tailored Day Services Team /
Work Type: Full-Time
Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning process? Then read on...
Hope Services is the Bay Area's largest non-profit agency, providing a wide array of quality services for persons with developmental disabilities for over 60 years! We are currently hiring for the position of Program Coordinator in our cutting-edge Tailored Day Services program.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more!
Monthly salary: $4854 - $5500/month depending on experience.
About the Program Coordinator position:
Purpose of the Program Coordinator Position:
The Program Coordinator provides resources support and training to staff and clients to facilitate agency, program, and consumer goals. Supervision, hiring and training staff, budgeting and contract fulfillment, and assignments to perform or discharge special projects in areas of responsibility. Ensures maintenance of equipment, ordering of supplies, inventory and quality of service.
Principle Responsibilities of the Program Coordinator Position:
The Program Coordinator:
1. Assures adequate program staffing through scheduling, recruitment, hiring, and orientation of direct service, substitute and volunteer staff as assigned. Provides all aspects of supervision, evaluation, and training of staff.
2. Acts as a resource for rehabilitation, program development, community based employment and activities, acts as a liaison between program services and the community.
3. Provides oversight of daily operations and services including case management, communications, and advocacy, assures quality services are provided in timely manner.
4. Assures timely communications with persons served, families, care providers, funding sources, staff, management and community.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of the Agency planning effort including departmental budgeting, policies and procedures, and the implementation of Agency goals.
6. Oversees accuracy and timeliness of billing, payroll, funding, DOL compliance, inventories, training records, and various internal and external reports.
7. Conducts tours, presentations and client intakes.
8. Assures compliance with all safety regulations.
9. In the absence of a manager, if assigned, may act in that capacity.
10. Provides direct service in program operations as needed to assure adequate staffing ratios.
11. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
12. May perform special projects or other duties as assigned to assure the efficiency of the program.
Minimum Qualifications of the Program Coordinator position:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus three years of related experience working with people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment.
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Program Coordinator position:
1. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, database and spreadsheet
2. Ability to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service
3. Ability to facilitate systems and checks to assure delivery of quality service and product to internal and external customers
4. Knowledge of the principles of management, supervision, planning, fiscal management, fair employment practices, regulations, safety, health and client rights
5. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing
6. Knowledge of rehabilitation and program development
Constant movement around service area, and travel into the community. Time spent sitting, using a computer station, periods of intense concentration, using the telephone, paperwork. Time spent in meetings, travel to various work site locations throughout three counties. Exposure to outdoor weather and environmental conditions.
Positions connected to a production environment are also exposed to times of fast paced activity, loud noise and to dust and airborne particles.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essenti
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.