Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Structural Heart Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Abbott Structural Heart division in Menlo Park, home of the life-saving MitraClip medical device, is looking for a second shift Production Supervisor on our manufacturing line.
Primary Job Function:
- Assists Operations Manager in overseeing the operations and personnel of one production line to maximize productivity and operating efficiencies.
- Oversees the coordination of labor, materials, equipment, and tooling to assemble product effectively and deliver it to inventory.
- Maintains a high level of product quality and traceability during product assembly.
- Ensures production is performed in full compliance with the Quality System and all procedural requirements.
- Promotes safe work environment and behaviors.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Manages to a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the selection process with Human Resources.
- Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, rewarding positive behavior, and applying disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Trains and certifies to all critical assembly operations and understands all line PFM's.
- Monitors daily work metrics and provides direction and guidance to skilled nonexempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
- Retains responsibility for product from initial assembly to final distribution. Schedules and organizes assigned manufacturing lines to achieve 100% product availability and maintain targeted levels of inventories.
- Communicates to line personnel daily while maintaining a constant line presence.
- Maintains a safe work environment with 100% training and compliance to applicable procedures.
- Responsible for achieving dept. attendance targets including immediate feedback to employees by instance.
- Coordinates activities related to shift starts and changes.
- Communicates with other departments and functions as needed in support of meeting operational objectives.
- Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Oversees personnel and processes to ensure production meets all associated quality standards.
- Oversees personnel and processes to ensure full compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Able to respond to internal and/or external indicators that impact the business and/or industry.
- Monitors and reports on performance to area budget.
Influence and Leadership: Performs to the accomplishment of production line goals by:
- Selecting, motivating, and training capable staff;
- Directing activities of non-exempt employees;
- Ensuring training and compliance to safety, quality and performance objectives;
- Managing goals, objectives, and performance of subordinates;
- Fostering an environment of collaboration and trust between self, team subordinates and peers, support personnel, and management;
- Utilizing available resources and processes to ensure fairness and equity in managing accountability, rewards, and recognition;
- Making decisions and exercising judgment that supports the accomplishment of daily objectives.
Planning and Organizing: Schedules manpower, material and equipment resources for their production line to effectively meet near-term demands and long-term strategies.
Decision Making Impact: Assignments are expressed in the form of tasks and/or goals and objectives. Generally, makes day-to-day decisions within established guidelines as it relates to work processes or schedules in order to achieve business objectives established by senior management. Consequences of erroneous decisions would normally result in serious delays in assigned projects or operations with substantial expenditure of time, manpower, and funds.
Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills): Manage progress of nonexempt employees for one production line toward achievement of departmental goals. Manage costs of projects, manpower, and material resources for one production line. Performs this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in non-compliance with company and governmental regulations.
Cognitive Skills: Understands and follows established work processes so as to optimize utilization of manpower and material resources within the assigned area or related departments; Facilitates others’ participation in the continuous improvement program; Investigates and solves basic problems that impact work processes and personnel within a unit or department.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION YOU'LL BRING:
Bachelor's degree (REQUIRED) and 2+ years of related work experience
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
- Second shift hours - 2:00pm-10:30pm
- Experience working Second or Third shift preferred
- Supervisory experience required (will be managing 30-40 employees)
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus
- Medical devices experience preferred but not required.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity