Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our location in Santa Clara, CA currently has an opportunity for a Product Manager, Global Branding & Channel Marketing.
The Product Manager, Global Branding & Channel Marketing will drive global communication strategy for PCIO franchise, align on multi-channel plans and lead the execution of the campaigns. Acts as a brand champion and ensures all externally related communications are consistent and executed on brand, is the conduit and hub within the marketing organization to coordinate and support branding and marketing efforts globally. Global Branding and Channel Manager works closely with US and Global product marketing teams to provide optimal support in delivering consistent communication for key commercial priorities.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES YOU'LL DO:
Creative campaign/branding guru
- drive communication strategy for key Imaging and Physiology (PCIO) global initiatives
- adhere to initiative specific creative brief to align on each initiatives’ scope and expectations
- manage dedicated creative agencies and collaborate with global and regional counterparts to deliver PCIO creative campaigns.
- train the regions to successfully implement global Imaging and Physiology campaigns and oversee global corporate brand compliance in every PCIO regional execution
- demonstrate a solid understanding of the complexity of the PCIO franchise, and provide consistent guidance related to which branding apply, out of the four types of branding in place
- ensure content strategy for Imaging and Physiology initiatives is aligned with key messages and target audience
- approach every campaign with digital first, mobile first in mind
- drive web content strategy as the foundation to every digital campaign to bolster PCIO footprint, manage OCT, CMD and Physiology quarterly web pages updates and deliver new pages currently in development
- drive channel performance optimization based on standard metrics established by Digital team
- support media buy and paid social needs for the Imaging and Physiology franchise
- own PCIO 7 currently active and upcoming campaigns:
- deliver 6 differentiating educational tools designed to ease the OCT learning curve/accelerate physiology adoption, transition from pilot mode to WW usage depending on the pilot timing
- be on point for Imaging and Physiology franchise presence at the key global conferences
Customer insights and messaging creation
- develop Imaging and Physiology product/therapy value propositions and key messages based on audience and market segmentation with clearly mapped customer journey, based on a deep understanding of the nuances and interconnections
- closely collaborate with the market intelligence team to ensure that internally driven assumptions related to Imaging and Physiology value proposition/key messages are externally tested, and proper customer insights are in place to inform creative campaign decision making
- translate the customer insights into Imaging and Physiology actionable content strategy and multichannel promotional mix
- manage Imaging and Physiology franchise creative budget and deliver each initiative on or below budget
- manage multiple vendors and creative agencies dedicated to PCIO franchise to maintain a pool of the diverse skills to outsource
KEY GLOBAL MARKETING COMPETENCIES YOU'LL NEED:
- Insight and Foresight Confident: Insight and foresight are at the heart of success. Ideal candidate has a demonstrated ability to routinely assimilate and analyze data to generate a deeper understanding of the customers, competitors and the market. Can translate data into insight and provide ‘so what’ hypotheses, conclusions and recommended actions. Effectively applies analytical tools, insight and foresight to make informed decisions and actions that drive meaningful results. Differentiates between soundbites/anecdotal information and true evidence. Seeks out opportunities to add value not just to physicians, but also to administrative customers, and patients (customer journey).
- Strategically Minded: Ideal candidate has a demonstrated ability to develop clear strategies that ensure everyone is working in the same direction, towards the same goals, while keeping agility and responsiveness. Develops and executes against clear strategies that improve the customer experience, differentiate from the competition and provide better value to
the customer and margin for the company.
- Brand Master: Ideal candidate has a demonstrated ability to differentiate the brands they worked with in the minds of customers, establish the visual voice of the offering to generate awareness and differentiation.
- Multichannel Expert: Ideal candidate has a proven track record of engaging with all key customers along the customer journey to give them reason to choose and remain loyal to us. Engagement goes beyond just marketing communications – it's about every interaction we have with customers and requires an integrated cross-functional approach and flawless execution of all programs and initiatives.
- KPI obsessed: Ideal candidate has a demonstrated ability to act as a business owner, work together with the broader marketing team to drive market share and profitable growth and understand how the business works and know the impact of the decisions they make.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING:
- Associates degree and 7 years of experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline preferred
- 5-6 years marketing communications/digital marketing experience, or MBA with 2-3 years related experience
- Experience in content marketing is a plus
- Solid understanding in digital analytics, metrics and reporting
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Results-oriented; proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results through self and others under time pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively independently or with counterparts in a cross-functional capacity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Healthcare experience is a plus but not required
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.